RTX in Beamng Drive?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Señor Krill, Oct 9, 2018.

?

Choose your weapon

Poll closed Jan 9, 2019.
  1. RTX

41.2%
  2. No-RTX

58.8%
  1. Señor Krill

Señor Krill
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking about this whole RTX news, and wondered is Beamng Drive just not that graphically beautiful or intensive to design for RTX since reflection and shadows look fine.
    PS:just interested to know.

2. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Uhhhh…
    BeamNG doesn't support Ray Tracing for now and it won't probably support it because devs should re-make the graphics engine.
    A lot of work for a small group of people (RTX is pricey) = wasted time
    When Ray Tracing will be more widely spread across pc community, the game engine may be upgraded to support it.

3. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

It does looks more realistic but I think 99% of the players have no use for this stuff right now.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Anything more powerful than gtx1070 is currently waste in BeamNG with 1080p, for 4K you might get benefit from RTX, but it is not so easy to get that GPU utilized in current version.

Future versions of BeamNG might change that, I hope at least.

Although WCUSA for example is very GPU heavy too, so much that I have yet to find other game that actually would be using as much of my GPU as WCUSA does with SSAO and refelections on etc.

That however will probably change in future too.

Oh and doing doughnuts with Bolide does max out gtx1080, however I doubt that will be so forever.

5. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Raytracing gets rid of wonky reflections, the only thing keeping modern games like Forza 7 and Horizon 4 from having photorealistic graphics anymore. So I think any hype it gets is justified and once it does get implemented in a wide variety of games within the next two years or so, it's going to bring graphics forward quite a lot.
    But you can't expect small teams to port their game over to a wildly different engine spontaneously. I don't think a lot of games you see right now will be converted whatsoever. Mostly you're going to see it on future titles.

6. WhatNot98

WhatNot98
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG.drive is a highly demanding game as it is atm. IMO if RTX was implemented, then it would bring every PC to its knees
    --- Post updated ---
    BeamNG.drive is a highly demanding game as it is atm. IMO if RTX was implemented, then it would bring every PC to its knees

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice