1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Ryzen 3 2200g and 1060 6gb for Beamng

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson2571, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Mr. Anderson2571

Mr. Anderson2571
    Expand Collapse

I am planning to build a gaming pc and have decided on a Ryzen 3 2200g paired with a 1060 6gb. I am wondering what graphical settings and frame rates i would be able to play at.

2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Instead of a regular G-series processor, get the 2600 or the 1500 (if 2500 series cpu is not out yet) if you can not afford the 2600, unless you specifically want the graphics as a backup. Or go ahead and forego the graphics card and get the 2400G for 69$ more than the 2200G (but less the cost of a graphics card). Graphics performance on the 2400G is NO 1060! If you specifically don't want or need backup graphics in the CPU, snag the 2600, as with a clock speed just above or below 4ghz, it will easily fly through most all BeamNG tasks with ease, and let you put up to 6~12 cars in-game at one time with playable frame-rates to boot.
    2600/2600x processors will overclock about 300~400mhz higher, plus have about roughly a 10% boost in performance-per-clock when measured against the same speed 1600/1600x series processor.
    The 2600/2600x processors have 6 cores and 12 threads, very future proof. 2700/2700x have 8 cores and 16 threads, which would be hard to use all of it's power without a huge simulation or lots of content creation going. Conversely, the 1400/1500x processors have 4 cores 8 threads, and the 1200/1300 have 4 cores and 4 threads as the most basic option.
    The 2400G graphics core is pretty capable, especially if you bump the system RAM speed up a notch. Don't get a 2200G or 2400G though if you are only getting 8gb of system RAM. You'll want to set aside 2gb of your system RAM if you enable the on-board graphics for gaming use (it is enabled, and usually set to 1gb for video ram by default, If I've read correctly).
    12~16GB of RAM should be considered a minimum today on a system build - but that should suffice for several years (note: I built my system with 16gb of RAM in fall 2014 - it still has that much - and I only use it all up during content creation for this game). Ryzen systems LOVE RAM that's made with "Samsung B-Die Chips", and now, many RAM vendors are listing their chips as Ryzen compatible or "Guaranteed Samsung B-Die Kits/sticks" - look for this - it will save you a lot of pain configuring RAM.
    With 2933mhz RAM at a decent CAS latency (lower is better with CAS latency, higher MHZ speeds are better also conversely), performance scales linearly with Ryzen processors, though RAM speed over 3000+ mhz may not be worth the added premium, especially in the current volatile market conditions.
    Do read up performance benchmarks for the integrated graphics. Consider the options out there.
    The Ryzen 2200G is a 4-core, 4-thread processor. The Ryzen 2400G is a 4-core, 8-thread processor, which will allow for much smoother game-play when games use all four 'real cores' of the system, as the system processes from Windows running in the background (and whatever else) won't eat so much time / cause hitches in your game nearly as much. This was noticeable for example with 'Cities Skylines' and having a music player on while having a large city, and will be noticeable here in this simulation when you run 4~8 vehicles simultaneously.

What is your current system now? If you have a Haswell or newer (intel 4xxx +) system, or even an i5/i7 Sandy-Bridge (intel 2xxx) system or newer, it might not be worth the upgrade for the processor, unless you want the newer board features or more expandability (or it gave up the ghost / is broken).

Example: I'd still repair my i7 4790k system that still is puttering along 3.5 years after I built it, because it's still sufficient. If it was 7 years old in-stead, it might not be worth it, and it would likely be a good time to upgrade. AMD systems offer much better forward compatibility (VS intel) with newer processors released even years after the motherboard is manufactured and sold (with appropriate BIOS updates, of course).

You're on the right track though. A B450 chipset may be a nice find, or an older B350 chipset (though you'd forego XFR2 - which is extended boost speeds), but be prepared to order a boot kit from AMD if you go the B350 option (free, but they'll put a hold on your credit card until they get it back), if it doesn't have a current BIOS. Asus motherboards generally offer a special BIOS update where you don't even need a processor installed if you buy into the 100$+ lineup of Asus motherboards. If you plan on getting the most out of your current and future AMD processors, and want the most fine-tuned BIOS options and chipset features, an X470 chipset motherboard would be a better buy. 4xx series chipset-based motherboards are compatible with 2xxx series processors from the factory, where 3xx series motherboards might need a bios update. Time to do some reading, if you haven't.

Good luck!

EDIT: A Ryzen 2200G would offer manageable frame rates when paired with a GTX 1060 6gb or 1060 3gb model. You would run high detail but full-detail reflections may be a problem for FPS in more complex maps like my 'Roane County' map.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice