samsung 850 evo or pro?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Thez71guy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Thez71guy

Thez71guy
    Expand Collapse

hey guys i got to buy a hard drive for my pc. so i want to go with a samsung 850 ssd just dont know if i should go with the evo or the pro what whould yall go with?

2. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

All I can tell you is to look at Amazon rewiews. And that the SanDisk Ultra II is pretty good as well.

3. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Usually I'd look on Tomshardware forumns for anything PC related.

4. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

The 850 Evo is significantly more expensive than other SSDs because it is higher quality. You would get noticeably better lifespan compared to most other SSDs. The 850 Pro is of even higher quality than the Evo. And you will get even better lifespan as well as better overall performance. Go with what your budget can allow and look at professional reviews of SSDs to determine what to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thez71guy

Thez71guy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys. I think I'm just going to go with the Samsung 850 Evo. But if I get it off of Amazon will the warranty still be good through samsung.

6. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Yes, you can send it back to Amazon if it breaks. AlthoughI don't see why that would happen.

7. Doug7070

Doug7070
    Expand Collapse

I own a 1TB Samsung 850 Evo myself, great drive, never had an issue with it, and it's blazing fast compared to a normal HDD.
    In regards to warranty, Samsung guarantees the 850 Evo for 150 TB of data written (because of how SSDs work, they will die after a specific number of write cycles, with some tests getting around 500 TB of total data written before drive failure sets in.) For anecdotal reference, my own 850 Evo has just under 12 TB written to it (as shown by Samsung's management software, which you should definitely use if you get this drive) after about a year of fairly hard use.

Long story short, the 850 Evo is an excellent drive that should work well for just about anybody, it's a solid buy in my book.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice