Scenario Setting Jbeam at Runtime?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Occam's Razer, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I've created a functional save/load system that works well for scenarios and campaigns [though I haven't stress-tested it yet]. But in order to make use of this for a concept I've been thinking about, I'd need the player to be able to choose their vehicle in one scenario and then use their selection in another.

The issue is that scenarios and campaigns use .prefab files to manage jbeam objects, and .prefabs can't contain code complex enough to read info from an external file. This means it depends on the scenario's lua to change the vehicle's jbeam, and other than Random Tour (which is currently outdated and the code of which I do not understand), no other projects I've seen use such a feature. On the official side, no current scenarios use anything like this, though A Rocky Start hints at the ability to select or customize your vehicle for future use.

So, should I try to adapt scepheo's methods, or just wait until this is an official feature?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice