WIP Beta released Semi-realistic rally pack

Discussion in 'Land' started by robbo_mcrae, Mar 6, 2021.

1. robbo_mcrae

robbo_mcrae
    Expand Collapse

Howdy, guys.

This is the beta release of my very first mod, the Semi-realistic Rally Pack for both vanilla and mod vehicles. Includes:
    - Two Autobello Piccolina configurations;
    - One Ibishu 200BX configuration;
    - Three Hirochi SBR4 configurations;
    - One Bluebuck configuration;
    - One Burnside AeroCoupe configuration (mod);
    - Two Gavril Vertex configurations (mod);
    - One Gavril Grand Marshal configuration;
    - One Civetta Bolide configuration;
    - Two Cherrier FCV configurations (both Vivace and Tograc);
    - One Gavril Barstow F2 configuration (mod);
    - One Burnside Special configuration (mod, UTE);
    - One Gavril D-Series configuration;
    - One Ibishu Hopper configuration;
    - One Ibishu Miramar configuration;
    - One ETK-I configuration (1983, mod);
    - One Ibishu Covet configuration (Martini livery, mod);
    - One Gavril H-Series configuration.

List of mods required to run everything properly:
    - Piccolina Performance Parts by BeamDrifter;
    - Barstow F2 by the GTG team (and GTG Commons for the car itself);
    - Burnside Pack by Car_Killer (includes the AeroCoupe and the UTE);
    - Gavril Vertex by Inn0c3ntJok3r;
    - (Potentially) Intakes by Alex_Farmer557*;
    - Martini livery for the Covet, ''Covettini'' by MtT123;
    - 1983 ETK I Series by Waboll.

*Potentially because I probably used one of their intakes in one of the cars, install this one just in case I did

Most of the vanilla cars were built only with vanilla parts.
    Still working on thumbnails since my PC is kinda weak.
    Also working on a small issue with default colors since some just end up being black, and need to be manually picked.

Anyways, enjoy! All of these were made with mostly realism in mind, and most have a bit of fictional storytelling inside BeamNG's universe.

Disclaimer: This is in heavy WIP, so I'm still tweaking a few issues with the mod. Let me know if you find a bug
    Suggestions are welcome since I'll try to constantly update this with new configs :)

A few configs from the pack:

screenshot_2021-03-06_21-19-06.png screenshot_2021-03-06_21-27-14.png screenshot_2021-03-06_21-20-51.png screenshot_2021-03-06_21-08-17.png screenshot_2021-03-06_21-28-59.png

Attached Files:

#1 robbo_mcrae, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

no pics no clics

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fredr3x

Fredr3x
    Expand Collapse

Hey, sounds pretty good but 1 it should be in configs and 2 please include photos as it shows us we know what we're downloading :) nice mod

4. robbo_mcrae

robbo_mcrae
    Expand Collapse

About the configs part, yes, that was my bad and I only realized it after I had posted it xD already asked gabester to move it to there. And sure! I'll try to take some, even though the graphics I have to use aren't all that good :b

• Like Like x 1
  5. PippySnippy

PippySnippy
    Expand Collapse

I dont know if it's just me, but I dont see any of the configs after reinstalling a lot of times and trying to remove mods that might interfere.

6. robbo_mcrae

robbo_mcrae
    Expand Collapse

Weird since in my game it works perfectly, but I'll try to take a look at what might be causing it. Have you installed all the mods required?
    --- Post updated ---
    How did you install it, by the way? I looked that up, and someone had a similar problem, they solved it putting the mod in Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods. Try that if you haven't yet :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. PippySnippy

PippySnippy
    Expand Collapse

I installed all the mods and I install all my mods through documents so I really dont know. i will check it out later.

8. robbo_mcrae

robbo_mcrae
    Expand Collapse

How did you install it, by the way? I looked that up, and someone had a similar problem, they solved it putting the mod in Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods. Try that if you haven't yet
    Weird, very weird, let me know if you find a way to fix it. I'll be searching for solutions too

9. Kirby_49

Kirby_49
    Expand Collapse

yeah, can't see the configs either, downloaded all the mods but nowhere to be seen

10. PippySnippy

PippySnippy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I am still having issues with it, maybe a conflict with another mod? I really dont know.

11. Reece Coates

Reece Coates
    Expand Collapse

Make sure you have ”show custom configurations” turned on in the settings menu, I think in the gameplay tab.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kirby_49

Kirby_49
    Expand Collapse

I already do, it is possible that there may be a mod that wasn't listed or it's packaged wrong

13. PippySnippy

PippySnippy
    Expand Collapse

well even if we didnt have the mods the configs should still show up, they just would have a bunch of missing parts. So it must just be an issue with the mod pack itself.

14. PippySnippy

PippySnippy
    Expand Collapse

I've dug into the files of the mod and found it lacked a mod info folder unlike most of the other "similar" mods. Maybe this is whats causing them to not be found? The only way I could think to get the mod to work is to directly put the configs into the vehicle folder itself.

15. robbo_mcrae

robbo_mcrae
    Expand Collapse

Ahh, so that's why. Since it's my first mod it would be likely for me to do some mistake lmao. Can you dm me real quick and just give me a run up on how to make a mod info folder? Just so I can fix it rn

16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

"I've dug" bruh you literally only opened the zip and you assume the first difference you find is the issue, there is no way the lack of a small metadata folder could break the whole mod, the issue must be more complex. I remember there was the same issue with the CrashHard Classic mod (which had this folder btw), configs only showed up for some people. The way it was solved was by adding info.json files to each config, this is probably what needs to be done here as well.

17. PippySnippy

PippySnippy
    Expand Collapse

You're probably right but I literally said "Maybe this is whats causing the issue", I know I am not very experienced and I was just trying to give any type of hint as to how it could be not functioning 100% properly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice