Several small flaws in game

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Nick Xu, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Nick Xu

Nick Xu
    Expand Collapse

1. TCU is not real enough.
    In automatic transmission, after releasing the throttle, speed drops too fast, but in reality speed hardly decreases.
    In manual transmission, an instant release of clutch will not cause engine to flameout, it is even possible for some cars to do it on second gear.
    Automatic cars would not slid backwards on a ramp on gear D, but in reality, automatic cars slips easily.

2.The changing of gear from P to R and ignition does not require stepping on brake, which is infact required in reality.

3. The heat dissipation performance of most cars in the game is too good.In reality, driving for two hours would cause a coolant temperature around 100 degrees Celsius, and when you park with engine on, the temperature rises and the electronic fan starts to spins.But the electronic fan in the game rarely works.The coolant temperature infact drops rapidly after parking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, you are right, but this makes the game easier to people who do not like extreme realism.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Which is odd for a game that permanently strives so hard for realism. BeamNG is the only game that does a proper simulation of an automatic gearbox. If Nick Xu is correct and the current behaviour isn't very realistic it should be changed.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nick Xu

Nick Xu
    Expand Collapse

Actually, you can try City Car Driving. Its physics is not as realistic as beamng's, but from some aspects, such as gearbox behavior, it does better.

5. TheDriver2452

TheDriver2452
    Expand Collapse

Just have a switch where you can swap between arcade, realistic and very realistic or something

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

The devs have said themselves that they want to have BeamNG be as close to realism as possible, yet at the same time have it be fun, so obviously some things won't be 100% like in reality + all the cars are fictional, so they can give them whatever specs & physics they want

7. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

In old cars you don't need the brake to start or change gears old as in anything but 10 years ago

8. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

I think the reason for the transmission issue is actually the fact that most people aren't driving with a wheel, but instead a controller, as well as many are using either paddles for an automatic transmission or an H-pattern shifter. Although when I teach friends to drive in BeamNG, they are REQUIRED (by me) to use the brake and clutch when starting, as well as in automatics use the brake to shift. I have yet to find an actual automatic shifter for any game, so that's also part of the problem.

On another note, there are a few more things that need to be fixed.

Firstly: I want to never see an Ibishu Pigeon or Miramar on ECUSA, WCUSA... any USA map, really. That's one tiny annoying thing. I wish I could set it to US, EU, or Japan as needed. So, maybe a 'Spawn Normal/Police -> EU, US, or Japan. On that note, add RHD to all cars that would plausibly be sold in Britain or Europe. That is long overdue, I think. Also, add LHD to the Miramar. That would sell in Europe, I like to think, although I do like how when driving it, you get that 1960s Skyline feel. A redone car selector would be nice - a filter for US, EU, and Japan, as well as a automatic license plate selection.

Secondly: Getting into the UI side of things, there are a few things that are terrible. First off, the 200bx configurations - that needed reform a while ago, but I get the feeling that it is high on the list of revamped cars, so I won't complain too much about that. So, back to the UI, the problem I have is with the vehicle selector. Cars just do not come in as many colors as there are. I would want to see a whole new system. Let me use the D25 as an example.
    First, there would be a selection for three countries. For our D25, I'd pick US. Then go to Gavril D-series, which was on a (better looking - we know there is UI reform in the works) list of cars. Then it will give you the option of D15-D75 (I'd love to see the T-series implemented as a trim to the D-series - there's a lot of marketing there). So, pick the D25. Then, pick the cab. Let's say the extended cab. Then, look at available packages (things like Roadsport, Chief Ranch, Old Style, et cetera), and pick one, or just continue stock. Then, from maybe ten-ish colors, pick the color of the truck, then the wheel design, then spawn it up! Obviously, there'd need to be an option for 'quickspawn' - which retains the relative efficiency of the system today for setting up things that don't really need overly spec'd out cars- like filling a monster truck arena or setting up a cut scene. But when picking a car to cruise around in, that'd be really nice!

Finally: TRAFFIC! The traffic is... decent enough, I guess. But it needs a few small things. Same as above, but also, have the AI listen to traffic lights, and add a few AI who randomly will drive like idiots. Then add the ability to ticket people. I know that this would take a whole update and gameplay revamp, BUT... if we could ticket cars and their invisible occupants on things like - registration, insurance, DUI, speeding, etc - that'd be an amazing gameplay addition. (See Flashing Lights game for an example of how this could work)

That's it for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice