Unsolved Shading/reflection problem on my 77 Dodge Model.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Vegas777, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

I'm having some reflection problems where the front and rear door meet, at the top part the reflection breaks. Screenshot1078.png Screenshot1079.png Screenshot1080.png Screenshot1081.png

I have a few questions

1. Will this affect how the car will look in beam, or be noticeable?
    2. how do I fix it if so

2. OldCarsRule57

OldCarsRule57
    Expand Collapse

I don't know anything about modding, but maybe you could reflect upon or even copy what other cars (Mods too) to see what the problem is for your reflection problem.

3. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

This is not a reflection glitch, this is just poor 3D modeling. Make sure your mesh is all nice and tidy and it will reflect, literally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This is not a bug, you can clearly see the doors don't line up which means the reflections won't line up either. Not sure what you did wrong but definitely something is misalligned.

5. JoeEnderman

JoeEnderman
    Expand Collapse

It will be noticeable if you look close at the final model. Best of luck if you are for some reason still working on it.

6. OldCarsRule57

OldCarsRule57
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, but he has long since abondoned this project.

7. JoeEnderman

JoeEnderman
    Expand Collapse

That's what I thought, I wonder where would I go to make my own mod? (i.e. which forum, and are there tutorials?) Who do I ask for advice? It might be a fun challenge to find a mod in roughly this one's state and make something of it. Or, it would be the worst possible resume point for a mod. I don't know.

8. OldCarsRule57

OldCarsRule57
    Expand Collapse

Well all of the modeling is done for this mod, but it still needs a lot of work. Remember that modding is very difficult and can take a long time. I suggest reading and researching about it on the forums before you think about actually modding anything. Also you should probably start out small too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice