Should I Rent

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by DrPeetree, Apr 20, 2018.

?

Should I rent it?

1. Shia Labeouf

50.0%
  2. Michael Scott

50.0%
  1. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

Going to Fuerteventura this summer and the girlfriend & I were thinking about going on a Buggy Tour. €95 for a 2 seater 250cc buggy on a 3hr tour around part of the island.

Obviously this would be amazing BUT then I found this....

Rent a €99 1.3l Suzuki Jimny Hard Top w/ 4G & sat-nav fully insured for a week..... Sounds perfect but because I am 22, I'm worried my age might count against me.

Have any of you had any experience renting abroad?

Lots of love.

DrPeetree

2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I've never even been to a vehicle rental place that rents to people in their low 20's.

Whenever I go to Aruba I rent a Wrangler for a day to visit the North shore. I know the Island well by now (I've been going every 2-3 years since I was a toddler) and walk or take the bus to anywhere else. Obviously Fuerteventura dwarfs Aruba, getting a vehicle for the week probably is a good idea.

When I was in Kauai my family rented a convertible Mustang, that was an incredible experience. Really need to rent a convertible for an island like that, would be difficult to get around without a rental car. A little cramped for me stuffed in the back seat though.

#2 ManfredE3, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

According to the website, minimum age is 20 (23 for large vehicles) so my main concern is that they class a 4x4 as a large vehicle. If that's the case I'll argue the case that a Jimny is nowhere near a large vehicle.... a little 1.3, 4 seater is not large at all.

Thanks for your response though, I have emailed the renters to find out more information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice