Shoutcast in car radio?/CB Radio

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Snaapop, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Snaapop

Snaapop
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be fantastic if players could "tune in" to shoutcast stations through an ip address they could type in, even better, is if in multiplayer, other players on the server could hear the radio being broadcasted in the car, if the volume was loud enough. It would also be very immersive if dsp/vst audio effects, or filters could be applied to the audio stream in real time through the engine, so that when listening to say an AM radio stream, the radio would sound kinda lo fi and tinny, as impulse responses could also be added to the sound, to emulate the cars speakers!

Another idea, would be if players could buy a CB radio, and be able to communicate through this in multiplayer, it would be brilliant if the radios only had a certain range too (Say 15-25 km on flat land) and would start to break up past that range.
    A frequency and radio scanner feature would be amazing also, so players could find an open frequency to talk on, and also to find a used frequency to talk to new players.

Here is an example I made of a real time AM radio simulator, made by a fantastic genius on the Reaper audio workstation forums
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J27HR7xtnm0&feature=youtu.be

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=86181

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

In game radios have been suggested numerous times before (there is a forum search facility, the posting guidelines when cresting a new thread do inform you of that and the title box even has a mini search under it).

We've repeatedly come back to the same point. The game is running on a PC. Alt-tab to media player or something.

3. Snaapop

Snaapop
    Expand Collapse

You seem to completely disregard my point about the CB Radio, and the point about impulse responses and radio effects, something a simple media player couldn't really accomplish. It would also bring a great sense of community to multiplayer, being able to listen to other peoples music.

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You seem to completely disregard my point that its all been suggested before

5. Snaapop

Snaapop
    Expand Collapse

Well, it hasn't all been suggested before has it? the radio might have, but nothing to do with CB radio, or shoutcast streams

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice