1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Side-by-side 3d support?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Sniper_x002, May 4, 2016.

1. Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002
    Expand Collapse

I read on a post that you used to be able to activate SBS 3D via the editor, but I can't figure out how.(The post saying it was possible was pretty outdated) Is it still possible?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I don't recall this being possible.

3. Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002
    Expand Collapse

Check the first post here.
    I'd love for it to be supported, even if it is partially broken.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Ah I see.
    It's still doable, but the game gets unstable.
    It isn't a feature we added, but one that came with the game engine we used as base.
    With the changes we made, that may have been broken.

5. Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002
    Expand Collapse

Aw, alright. Thanks for the reply anyway.

6. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

I've been playing like this without stability issues at 1st may, biggest issue was that it was connected via USB 2.0 which made huge latency on phone, like 50-100 ms. I also used opentracker for motion and everything worked fine but image quality and latency made me feel dizzy after 10 minutes, next 10 minutes and I threw it away. But if someone have for example SGS5 with USB 3.0 proper PC port and cable he can get 60 fps with good quality but resolution isn't very well, so best option is to have WiFi 801.11ac 2x2 router and phone with it + QHD resolution then having 1280x720 per eye isn't a bad result in VR, also not big latency. Could result in playable state.

7. Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002
    Expand Collapse

So wait.. is it possible or not? If so, how? I thought he just meant that it is technically possible to implement, not it is possible to use right now (albeit very buggy & unstable).

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

what that user is on about is simply using an app for VR similar to oculus rift. Its nothing to do with the thread really
    --- Post updated ---
    assuming you dont mind the fact that 2x2 ac is lower throughput than USB3 and higher latency.

9. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

6677 so find phone with QHD and USB 3.0 then, 2x2 ac is good enough to transfer 1280x720@60fps with low or without compression and good enough latency, so it's enough. And yes it's possible to do so, all you have to use is Tridef 3d or trinus (fake 3d effect) + something for tracking, can be even the same phone via opentracker and viola here you have your VR. It's not supported by devs, but works really good if you have proper setup.

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If you want to use your phone to simulate a VR-headset, I suggest to try 'TRINUS'.
    I tried myself, and it works decently.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002
    Expand Collapse

Eh, I was hoping for an in-game solution, not a seperate program. Thanks for the help anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cosacc

cosacc
    Expand Collapse

I tried TrinusVR and the main problem for me is that BeamNG does not create the correct resolution for smartphone display quadrants, I don't know why, the PC display is FullHD as my smartphone display, but unfortunately something goes wrong so I have distorted images on the phone...

I have to try Tridef which seems it can simulate the 3D images..

13. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Biggest mistake on Trinus, you can ever do. If you have FHD display on phone, you have to use 1024x768 well mostly because it's 4:3 aspect ratio and it's closest to FHD when you have 2 images displayed on it. Also game have to be in windowed mode. For TriDef 3D, you can use higher resolution, but If you don't use USB 3.0 / 801.11 ac 2x2 stay with 1024x768 anyway, because it's still more than your phone can display - there's difference but way better to have okish image quality than just a little better but with too big latency.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice