1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Simple vehicle construction

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by dmtactical, Nov 9, 2012.

1. dmtactical

dmtactical
    Expand Collapse

In Rigs of Rods, almost all the vehicles I made had less than 150 nodes not including wheels. I was very satisfied with the way all my vehicles handled and deformed and did not feel the need to use more complicated structures. Is there anything in this new engine that might prevent simple structures from working well? I hope not. I understand the new engine is more optimized but the fact remains that a simple structure can be duplicated more times without causing lag, and sometimes that's a feature I like to exploit.

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I see no reason for simple structures to work any differently. That said, the physics are much, much, much faster than Rigs of Rods. We're able to have 4+ complex (~350 node) vehicles running at once, with full collision, at a playable framerate, and there's still more optimization to do.

3. jrderksen

jrderksen
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that sounds really amazing.

4. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

So, you want to say that with more optimization (which still need to do) you will be able to have 5+ vehicles with complex (400 node or even 1000 node) at once, with full collision, at a playable framerate?:confused:

5. dmtactical

dmtactical
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate that developers are pushing the limits of the engine, but for me simplicity is always key to enjoyable gameplay, if you can call modding a "game".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice