1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Simulation modular usb controllers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flatlander, May 13, 2021.

1. Flatlander

Flatlander
    Expand Collapse

I am a young entrepreneur engineering a modular upgradable simulator controllers.

I am in the design stages for my upcoming SimQit releases. Racing and a general aviation controller setups.

Any and all ideas welcome!! Like what buton lables to have switch grouping. What functions should the steering wheel have ect.. If you ha e experience in gaming with vehicles planes heli tanks .. I look forward to this brainstorming session.

For an idea of tge direction im going with this heres a link to my site. A wip for sure. But the modularity and speed of design makes for rapid releases of mods and controllers.

Quryss Qustoms

Lizard-bear-my6y.squarespace.com

Thank you

• Like Like x 3
  2. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

@Sithhy™
    Looks like its your time to shine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

While I am no engineer in building stuff, I can give you lots of ideas, especially for simracing wheels & accessories for them. It does annoy me somewhat that whenever you see a sim steering wheel, it has 0-15 buttons on it at most, with no rotary dials or anything, just plain simple on/off switches. When they do have a bunch of buttons, they're pretty much just a replica of a real steering wheel from a certain motorsport branch, majority of the time being GT3 or F1, which makes them cost a lot of money. I would love to see a steering wheel with its design more akin to the Thrustmaster T-GT as that wheel has 4 rotary dials with the ability to press them down, which already gives you 12 functions at minimum with almost no space taken away. The other upside of that wheel is that it doesn't pertain to a certain motorsport category, it's just "generic" in a good way, which means that everyone can enjoy it for whatever they want. My idea for a steering wheel would be to take the T-GT button layout, apply that to a 300mm rim & have the top & bottom of the rim be removable, so that you could swap those two pieces for other addons, e.g. RPM lights, a small screen with speed or gear info like on Fanatec rims or some other functions that would seem useful. The detachable parts of the rim could look something like on the Thrustmaster F1 Wheel addon where the whole part that has the Thrustmaster logo & the two buttons would come off to be replaced with a rounder part to make the rim be actually round or "D-shaped" if that would be your preference. One thing that would be really good addition would be an universal hub like what Fanatec has where you can add more button clusters on sliding rails & adjust their position to your liking. As for paddles, they could also be modular pieces where you could, for example undo two screws to take off the housing together with them & replace it in a matter of seconds with another one; all of them would be magnetic paddles as that seems to be the thing that everyone is going for.

I think that's all of my ideas for now, if you want to brainstorm some more, don't be afraid to get in contact with me. I have been looking into all the simracing stuff & how it's done, so I do have quite some knowledge regarding that :p

• Like Like x 3
  4. Flatlander

Flatlander
    Expand Collapse

Thaks for the reply. lots of food to think about i was gearing for a F1 wheel. heres a tasty guitar i wrote detailing my excitement

--- Post updated ---
    Website name updated

quryssqustoms.squarespace.com

ill join your alls social media if you post a link

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flatlander

Flatlander
    Expand Collapse

Heres a Concept For the Alpha Six Controller. Im going to Make the middle more Intuitive in the coming weeks. but for now im focused on the thumb controls
    --- Post updated ---
    My F21 wheel i feel is going to take a direction like the yoke.

Attached Files:

• YokeConceptExploit.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Flatlander

Flatlander
    Expand Collapse

the yoke isnt anything final, I took in account a magnetic coupling between components thx...:) i may experiment on the strength. once assembled.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice