1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Skateboarding in beamng

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Twiglesworth, Jun 4, 2018.

?

Would you use it?

1. Yes

86.7%
  2. Noooooo

13.3%
  1. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

So, would anyone be interested in a life sized skateboard in beamng? I came up with a way to make it flip and possible fun in game.

• Like Like x 4
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

there already was one, but it's ancient. a new one would be cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

This one would behave like 32" piece of flippy wood

4. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

For those wondering, this mod is halfway done

Are there any ideas out there? Should I make a big version of it?

5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Give it a invisible drag engine from the Barstow and a wheelie bar. As for a larger variant, sure!

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Torque3d has a walking routine and a player model, and some other interesting stuff. You might be able to find a way to back-port that into BeamNG. If you DO find a way to do that... let me know.

BeamNG is based off a heavily modified Torque3d which is free to download.

I don't know how you'd interact it with the physics engine, as I don't think there was nearly as much of one in Torque.

7. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

I've definitely considered something like that, but this post is filled with direct info I did not know, thanks. It would be a huge jump for beamngs potential

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Awesome.
    The reason I ask is two-fold. If you figure out how to be able to make the player be able to walk from vehicle to vehicle, that would be awesome for immersion in it's own right.
    To be able to actually walk around (or choose to skate board around), would just be about the most awesome thing. Sure it's a great driving simulator - we don't *need* guns or blood or anything (as we have virtually EVERY OTHER GAME for that now-a-days), but to walk around and just take in the sights & sounds of some maps would be awesome.
    I am making a huge city if you've not been following the development screens, one that would dwarf West Coast or East Coast, so this could be awesome. It's going to have 'up-sized' skate parks in it meant for vehicles mostly, but I could include other areas in them that would make some fun for this mod. There will be many of them scattered around the town.

I'm trying to bring the fun of GTA SA 's map to THIS game. I've been playing through this game as of late (and I'm not into the violent shootey-shootey or Sim-criminal type of games much in the last 5~8 years). It's a whole ton of fun, a LOT more fun then I ever had in GTA IV / EFLC, or even GTAV (which was better than IV).
    There's just something about San Andreas (once you get it not to crash at a black screen!), that's awesome.
    It's definitely the best of the series, by long and far.

So that being said, there's plenty of open-source stuff out there, code examples and the such.
    What's to say you cannot be a prop with push-pull forces making you 'walk'.

If you need help DO NOT hesitate to ask here in the forum.
    "This game can be so much more; you just have to want it to be more, badly enough!"

Good luck and be sure to post questions here/ in content creation forum.

#8 bob.blunderton, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice