Sketchy beamng ad

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Phym, May 20, 2020.

1. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

I know that BeamNG has no ad placement, although when I went on YouTube today...
    wtf.png
    I find this unacceptable, as this is a pirated copy and more than likely has viruses or malware. I just wanted to alert the moderators and/or devs about this. As this is awful and must be taken down due to copyright.

2. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

My take: How the [BLEEP] could BeamNG.Drive be free? The real game costs money and I highly doubt this was made by the devs. If we let stuff like this continue. We're gonna start seeing the downfall of BeamNG.Drive and we'll also see kids complaining about how the game isn't free. If you wanna let the devs know about this, I recommend you put this in the General Discussion category.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, this is nothing new, and isn't exclusive to BeamNG.

Usually, those links don't lead to pirated copies of the game iirc, but lazily-built shovelware knock-off driving games that ride on the BeamNG name. Yes, they're often filled with malware/spyware, and yes, the devs know that companies like this are out there. But as there's a profit to be turned by duping unsuspecting and naive internet users and nature abhors a vacuum, any successful attempt to get these taken down is quickly followed by multiple others rising in their place. That's if the market that hosts the product actually wants to take the product down, seeing as they do turn a profit off of the scam and are often from countries/regions where intellectual property is a much weaker legal and ethical construct than in the first world.

Short version: taking these down is difficult and futile.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice