Solved Skin doesnt show up, no matter what I try

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by RR.VII, Dec 2, 2022.

1. RR.VII

RR.VII
    Expand Collapse

Hi, Im relatively new to the BeamNG community and I tried making my own skin based on a tutorial. I made sure to edit and save all the jbeam and json files correctly. The skin itself was made in paint.net. It shows up in the game configs menu but when I click on it nothing shows up on the vehicle itself. I have attached all files that I edited. the skin itself is saved like this: BeamNG>mods>unpacked>(name of livery)>vehicles>pickup>(name of livery)>.json,.jbeam and .dds file

Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. akemi

akemi
    Expand Collapse

your materials file appears to be unmodified. either you uploaded the incorrect file or forgot to save, or just completely blanked out on modifying it.
    upload_2022-12-4_11-31-15.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RR.VII

RR.VII
    Expand Collapse

Hi, thanks for replying. when opening with notepad++ it does show that my materials file is edited. see below:
    upload_2022-12-5_10-49-31.png

4. akemi

akemi
    Expand Collapse

would you mind displaying the entirety of the code?
    i'm a bit busy at the moment, so i can't test anything immediately, but maybe i can capture something visually in the code.

since it does show up in the parts selector, that would indicate to me something within the materials or in the linking between materials and jbeam. though, the jbeam looks valid to me.

5. RR.VII

RR.VII
    Expand Collapse

I think I fixed it. I tried resaving the materials file and it shows up in game now. Thanks for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice