Skin I made is showing what I made but also no texture

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by baritruck, Dec 22, 2020.

1. baritruck

baritruck
    Expand Collapse

With the release of the new update I wanted to make more Truck it Up skins, so I learned how to make skins for vehicles.
    I made one for the semi trailer and have plans for a few more vehicles.

I am what I think is done with the D Series skin, but when I loaded it into the game it looks kind of odd.
    upload_2020-12-21_18-30-27.png
    It shows the skin how I wanted it to look, but it shows the no texture thing as well which I of course do not want.
    upload_2020-12-21_18-30-52.png

Does anyone know how to fix this or if it can be fixed?

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Of course it can be fixed, looks like a problem with the materials file, idk what exactly but I guess you made a typo somewhere in it

• Like Like x 1
  3. baritruck

baritruck
    Expand Collapse

In the jbeam or cs file? Making the file name shorter made it actually show up on the truck. Maybe I should just replace the text files with new ones and see what happens.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Too long names are in fact an issue. I've had cars disappear from the selector completely because of them. Keep them short.

5. baritruck

baritruck
    Expand Collapse

I recopied the code into the cs and jbeam files and still nothing. I saw a post about someone who had just the no texture thing, and their issue was somewhere in the console. Do you know how to read the console?
    View attachment 751081

I realize that isn't how it should be read but I don't know how to get the text/file version.

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Whatever you tried to send didn't work so I have no idea what is wrong. Also the console won't tell you exactly what the problem is, you need to figure out the details yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice