1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Sky/Cloud Questions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Wheelie, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

So, this might be a stupid question...

I was wondering about the cloud/sky simulations. In many of your pics, I noticed that the sky looked very nice; with clouds, sun, and such. I was wondering if this was a constant texture, or if it was a dynamic simulation? For example, clouds staying in one place in the sky or slowly moving with progressive time of day, which brings me to my next inquiry: will there be a time of day? Sorry if this was already answered but I was just curious. Time of day that automatically progressed rather than having to be set (RoR's Caelum) would be awesome. Also settable time of day. Is time of day even implemented yet?

I'm not sure exactly why I care if the clouds move across the sky, but I thought it would add a sense of realism if it was already implemented/planned. Are the skies WIP or permanent?

EDIT: Another question: will the sky simulation be editable/vary with the map you use? The color/hue of the sky varies greatly in different parts of the world, and this would be a cool feature if here/planned.

I'm hoping for a dev response on this (tdev, gabester, estama LFSHutch) for a definitive answer. Thanks for your time.

#1 Wheelie, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  2. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

I'm currently just using a static skybox, time of day works and can be configured in the editor. At the moment there is no dynamic time of day but I don't see why it can't be added at some point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice