1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

slope smooth tool lowers terrain

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by f1proracer, Feb 25, 2015.

1. f1proracer

f1proracer
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed that in 0.3.7.7 the smooth slope tool now lowers the height off anything it is applied to. This makes smoothing things virtually impossible. Please help! (I did a fresh install but that did not help)

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I noticed this too. I honestly think a lot of things in the BeamNG Torque engine are completely broken right now. Not sure if it's version
    0.3.6.3 or dev tweaks on BeamNG 0.3.7.7 but things are definitely whacky.

3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

The smooth tool worked for me...
    The problem is though opposite of you; I want to lower my road grade, but the problem is that the slope tool makes the slope I want to smooth steeper... Problem?

4. f1proracer

f1proracer
    Expand Collapse

so anyone got a fix? Tool works fine in torque 3d standalone.

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

This post confirms my suspicions of 0.3.7.7.

6. Braindead

Braindead
    Expand Collapse

Oh man it really is doing that! I thought it was just my imagination...

It's pretty frustrating to say the least. If you're trying to make a smooth road downhill, it just makes it so low in the brushed areas that it's much lower than the rest. And... less smooth :(
    Would definitely be nice to have it fixed at some point. At least we still have mesh roads though.

7. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I think what its trying to do is follow the heightmap... You are just gonna have to mess around with the slope smooth, the flat smooth, and the flatten tools to get your road drivable. This doesnt mean it will be perfectly smooth, but in most cases, you can get a drivable road.
    Look at my map project Foothill mines as an example. Look for it in the Terrains section of the forums.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice