Smart Steering Assist

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by mrwallace888, May 22, 2020.

1. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Perfect for keyboard and controller users, this could be an option in the input settings. It'll turn the wheel to wherever is necessary when turning. It'll turn the wheel until the car begins to understeer. If it starts to oversteer, the wheel will turn in the other direction to counter it (will make keyboard drifting much more stable, and still require input from the player a little to help stop the drift or maintain it). Essentially, a proper steering assist like most other games have. A game like BeamNG.drive needs this sort of thing badly. And of course you can change the steering speed.

Project Cars 2 was pretty decent at handling this sort of thing. You can customize speed, sensitivity, deadzone (even on keyboard from some weird reason, unless you have one of those weird analog keyboards I guess), you can even change the speed it takes to quickly turn from left to right or right to left. You can fine tune it to your liking and makes the game much more playable.

I love playing this game with a wheel but sometimes I'd prefer to just play with a keyboard or something, if I'm not in the mood to use/set up my wheel. The current "Filter" thing is a bit weird to set up, and it still makes it hard to correct oversteer.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wheel Nut

Wheel Nut
    Expand Collapse

I use my wheel and pedals but I've also tried my playstation controller and honestly that worked pretty well and is well supported with ways to adjust the steering. With that being the case, I don't see the need for them to put any effort into improving keyboard driving.

3. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

It's all a matter of preference, I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice