Smoke Switch

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by lineman2208, Jul 14, 2018.

1. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

I have a 24v cummins engine i made for the D series and would like to add a smoke switch to it. By, pressing a button like "T" and have a sub part to the engine toggle adjust the "Burn efficiency" to the engine. And, possible make that a tune able item so i can find the best setting for it on the go to give the best smoke. What kind of file do i need to make this happen? I have never made something that is tune able. And never made anything that uses a key input.

2. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

For the key input, you'd need a .json.
    For the tune able burn efficiency, you'd need a .jbeam.

3. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

Can you help point me in the correct direction? I am thinking i need to add a "Keyboard.jbeam file. Like copy the pickup "Keyboard.jbeam" file and changing from "O" to like "T" and renaming from tailgate to smoke switch. As far as the toggle button goes.

4. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

That's about right, but there's more to it. To start, I'd copy the input_actions.json from the pickup and rename it to something like "input_actions_smokeswitch". Then you change all the values. For more on key input: https://wiki.beamng.com/Vehicle_Specific_Bindings
    Untitled.png

As for the tune able burn efficiency, I'd copy any jbeam file that has a variable in it. I'd delete everything unecessary until I have one variable, then I'd make that the Burn effeicency. That'll get you started. As for actually making smoke switches and burn efficiency, I've done anything like that.
    Untitle1d.png

I've provided the two files shown in a zip

Attached Files:

5. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

This is what i have so far. I do not know what I need in the .lua file to be able to toggle it on and off. Also the variable should be 0.0 - 1.0, but it is -100 - 100.

Attached Files:

#5 lineman2208, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  6. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

That's a good start, but like I said, I don't really know .lua or that stuff :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice