1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

So tired of this.. (Fatal Error GPU not responding)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Indytc, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Indytc

Indytc
    Expand Collapse

For the past month or so now I have been having a pretty major issue with the game. I will usually be able to play for 30 seconds-20 minutes (all dependes on how the game is feeling, I guess) then the game crashes and an error comes up that usually says something along the lines of "gpu not responding". I know the most logical thing to think is that there is something wrong with my gpu but I have a decently powerful PC. I can run games much bigger and more detailed then this one at higher settings then I do on this one and have no problems at all. I have also (because of this problem) ran the game on the lowest settings and it still happens. Plus like I said this only started happening recently. I do run alot of mods so I tried starting the game in safe mode. Same problem other then I could play for just a few minutes longer before it happened. Another thing I should probably add is that the textures usually start glitching and flashing a few seconds (sometimes longer) before the game crashes. I read up on some more stuff and even contacted Beamng support. They told me to delete everything in my Beamng document folder so I did. Didn't fix anything. Just allowed it to run a bit longer until the game crashed and the same error came up again. Then they told me to install new drivers.. so I did... didn't fix anything, same error. I've been trying to work this out forever and just am so confused, hopeless and sick of it. Can anyone please help me? Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

What are your specs?

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I am occasionally getting this too. I believe Nadeox1 stated something about deleting the shader cache in the documents
    location. Haven't tried it yet myself but it worked for someone else.

4. Indytc

Indytc
    Expand Collapse

Did that already
    --- Post updated ---
    Let me get home then I'll let you know

5. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I have been seeing this as well. It's incredibly annoying and it's only been happening recently to me to.
    I have tried doing everything, but clearing cache seems to fix it temporarily.

Also it only happens to me when I go on a tree-heavy map.

6. Indytc

Indytc
    Expand Collapse

Windows 10 pro

Intel Core i7-2600k CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.70GHZ

16.0 GB RAM

64-but operating system, x64-based processor

7. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I think that we would need your gpu model if it's to do with gpu not responding :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Do you over clock your GPU? I get that error sometimes when I overclock mine (yes, a stable one). So the solution for me is disable the oc before starting beam and oc it when I play another game. :)

9. Indytc

Indytc
    Expand Collapse

My bad NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 ti

10. SilverRam1500

SilverRam1500
    Expand Collapse

Mine does it all the time, and I have the game on very low. Need to replace rotten potato.

11. Indytc

Indytc
    Expand Collapse

I'm a very huge newbie when it comes to PC lingo. Don't make fun of me. What do you mean by overclock?

12. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

If you don't know what it is, you probably don't use it. It is making the core and or boost frequency of the GPU higher if my choice of words is correct(not a native speaker).
    To be sure, do you use MSI afterburner? Or any GPU software or similar things?

13. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

This happened to me once since the newest update. Shortly after, the top half of the screen would be really trippy looking once the map loaded and it was a mess of colors and weird shapes. Since updating my drivers, I haven't experienced this problem.

14. Indytc

Indytc
    Expand Collapse

Not sure. My buddy built my PC for me a few years ago. All I know is it's pretty powerful. I can run most games at highest settings with no issues except beamng..

15. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps your power supply is getting older and can't support the GPU.. I stress trying to update the drivers though.

16. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

That isn't really a thing that happens, unless the PSU is a very cheap model, and it was already near its maximum wattage.

17. Neo

Neo
    Expand Collapse

Do you have any background programs running like Teamspeak or an Interner Browser? At my side, the crashes are less frequently when I don´t have Google Chrome running in the background.
    But I have to add that my PC is getting similar Problems with other Games or Programs like GTA V, Watch Dogs 2, Blender or even Google Chrome. Luckily, all these Problems only appears on Windows, I don´t have any problems on Linux, so I think my Hardware is alright. To know it for sure, you should test out your Hardware with another Operating System too. At least it costs anything.

18. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

19. Indytc

Indytc
    Expand Collapse

Just updated my drivers... still having the issue..
    --- Post updated ---
    So frustrating. I've done literally everything. Nothing is working

20. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

I also experience this GPU is not responding error on any of the rainy maps and even the Grooved Range map, regardless of graphics settings and up-to-date drivers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice