WIP Beta released Soliad 4000 (Alpha 1.7 Cover Photos and STE edit)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Warble, Mar 8, 2017.

?

Gavril or Soliad 4000?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2017.
  1. Gavril

23.4%
  2. Soliad

76.6%
  1. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

as of 11/23/17 this mod is not dead, but the creator (me) has a very busy life, the mod is a promise, fast progress is not.

During the Bruckell Le gran's development I always pictured there to be a Soliad equivalent on the same body, much like the Chevy Celebrity, Pontiac 6000, *Buick Lesabre*, and Olds Cutlass Ciera, one doesn't exist yet, so I figured id give a go at making the legran look like a Pontiac 6000 and call it the Soliad 4000
    Progress:
    rear panel- 90% done, texture clean-up finished :D . also needs custom "4000" and trim level badging on the trunk
    front fascia- 90% done, just needs a Soliad badge
    spoiler: 0% done
    badging 75% done, need to get my finished concepts showing up in game properly
    rims 100% done, I might make another set in the future
    hubcap logo edits: 100% done :D
    interior 50% done, Base cluster edit (minus glow map) and steering wheels are done, more possible mods to come
    packaging as a mod 50% done, I have it spawning into the game in its own "G4000" folder in mods, so its partially done, I still need to make some parts
    wagon: 80% done: needs a new taillight texture which is finished but not implemented

pics:

what the hell is a Pontiac 6000 you ask? Here's one

Attached Files:

#1 Warble, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. FORDBEAMER

FORDBEAMER
    Expand Collapse

3. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

apparently I have to post an update every hour or its dead, im working on it tonight some more... going to try to figure out how to edit the color of the turn signal glow from red to orange, and how to move the glow effect from the stock reverse light position to the middle of the lights where its supposed to be, I have the middle section glowing red in reverse, but the places where the old reverse lights were still glow white,

currently, with the lights on, both the turn signals and the tailights are illuminated, dont know how to fix this and i might not because i find that i nearly never drive with lights on in game

this is the brake pedal pressed with no lights on

a turn signal on with no lights

#3 Warble, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I think to get a accurate modification, you have too modify the entire rear, not just expand the tailights

5. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

well its not supposed to be a completely new car, and its not a pontiac 6000 either, it will be heavily based on one though

also, here is what reverse looks like, going to try to get this sorted as well

#5 Warble, Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

ok, so my nightly progress is over and here's what ive finished I figured out how to edit the glowmaps of the lights in rear and finalized the function of them, the only issue is that the way I stretched the taillights is prevented me both from tinting the middle area slightly white or making it illuminate white, so for reverse, the middle light will shine red and the old glow from stock will glow white, im happy with it for now

an amber turn signal

left turn signal flashing, brakes on, headlights on in reverse, basically the most possible lights lit up at once besides the right signal which is lit dimly by the headlights but gets brighter when you turn on the flashers
    (Yes, I know there is a seam, ill fix it soon

Also the biggest update, the front grille is finished

its a bit messed up in game, i think the game still wants to put the texture from the old grille over-top of the new one, ill look into it

• Like Like x 7
  7. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

I like those big back lights :). Do you plan to make a new dashboard?

8. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

It's going to be nice car probably, but your pictures doesn't load for me, I can't see them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

In this post I previously stated that my progress on the fascia texture error was going nowhere, and that I wanted help, but I figured it out

#9 Warble, Mar 9, 2017
  10. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

If you want any help at all I will be glad to help you.

11. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

This pontiac is beautiful! I'll wait for it.

12. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

well, I would've accepted your help on the fascia, but I figured out what I was doing wrong, I was merging edges together to make faces, to fix it I had to start over on the whole fascia and create seams and faces by merging vertices instead, needs a Gavril badge yet, but turned out great.

I never want to drive a stock legran again!

anyway, ill contact you if I need help packaging the mod when its finished, that I have no experience with
    --- Post updated ---
    if I was a master mod maker, id make the 1985 model STE interior, one of the world's best interiors imo

I was thinking of at least making that steering wheel, but the le-gran's selection of gauge clusters and its stock dashboard design match this pretty closely already

also just for more info, here are the two sets of rims im going to attempt to make, I might need someone to help me here but I haven't started yet, so idk

#12 Warble, Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Solarisaircraft

Solarisaircraft
    Expand Collapse

I entirely agree with making that amazing steering wheel. Also, maybe a totally different bumper made of rubber?

14. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

Im glad ive been keeping all my G4000 related files on my desktop, because I came home from work tonight and my brother told me my laptop didn't start back up after he shut the cover, I ran a diagnostic check and the hard drive is bricked, at least I didn't lose the G4000 files, I didn't keep much of anything on it

15. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Gavril's family design obviously doesn't looks like this, I think badge this as a Pontiac is better

16. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

17. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

yeah, I messaged him and he told me that too, I guess I forgot where I downloaded that from, it was just on my other computer and I thought it was part of the pack because I didn't play beam at all in January, ill ask the grand wagon creator then

also, I guess I could also call it the Soliad 4000, but the badge designs aren't out there yet

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

you should keep it gavril
    and i would like to help you

19. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

make the trunk more sloped
    --- Post updated ---
    make it look less like the legran

20. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

btw everyone i am now working on this
    tweaking the interior
    2017-03-11_3-54-51.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice