1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

(Solved) Problem with input map after update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AMG V12, Jun 30, 2014.

1. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

Before the Pre-Race update I was able to use my Logitech DFGT perfectly using the input map from here - Post-Your-Inputmaps!
    However, after downloading the update and placing the same input map in C:\Users\jacka_000\Desktop\BeamNG Updater\alpha_prerace\scripts\client\inputmaps\custom there is no response from the game when I use my wheel. Looking at the console it shows where the game is looking for the file yet it won't recognize it. I checked that the wheel is OK, it is as it's fine on RoR so am slightly stumped. Am I placing the file in the wrong place or naming it incorrectly? Any help appreciated :)

Attached Files:

• input map problem.png
    • input map  2.png
    #1 AMG V12, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Re: Problem with input map after update

your file is named X.cs.inputmap where the console demands a X.inputmap.cs

3. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

Re: Problem with input map after update

Thanks, for pointing that out :) However, after copy pasting the exact file name from the console, I still get no response :/ I tried both the name (logitechdrivingforcegtusb.inputmap.cs) as well as the Vendor ID (c29a046d.inputmap.cs)

- - - Updated - - -

Reinstalled the game from scratch and the wheel is now working! Thanks for the help though :)

Attached Files:

• input map problem 2nd.png
    • input map problem 3rd.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice