Some suggestions to make the game considerably better

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by locualo, Apr 1, 2022.

1. locualo

locualo
    Expand Collapse

Good morning
    I played this game for a relatively few time and i thought i might add some positive criticism like pair of suggestions to make it better, please consider that i don't know engine limitations and such.
    I won't write all my thoughts just some of them because it whould be tedious to read.

1- Make it so people can save the cars/ vehicles/ props on the map and be able to load and download the map/ template with them on it, this will make maps much move interesting as they are a bit flat now, and make planes and trains a reason to be (it doesen't matter if the game don't thave them, everyone uses mods).

2- Add at least one train, the mechanics can be basic and they could be just an aesthetic thing, or something to crash to, a steam train whould be really cool.

3- Make cars gather dirt and dust over time depending on surface, the game is sometimes a bit unpleasant to look at because all cars look unreallistically clean and flat.

4- Add not only races and bus circuits, but all events on the map, and make them more diverse and more of them.

I think these are enough for a start, please write your opinions as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ramer201010

ramer201010
    Expand Collapse

The second one is already fufilled by mods.

• Like Like x 1
  3. locualo

locualo
    Expand Collapse

yes but having an official asset is always better, everyone can use it easily, and without point 1 they don't make much sense

4. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

The devs stated they won't add anything other then cars as it would take too much resources to make something that is out of the scope of the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. locualo

locualo
    Expand Collapse

thats a pity, i guess it's hard to implement the rails system.
    The most important points are the 1st and 3rd though, i hope they add them sometimes...shouldn't be too hard to implement i think.

6. ramer201010

ramer201010
    Expand Collapse

The devs havent really added the dirt stuff, but recently, somebody started making cars gather dirt as some type of mod. The person said they doubt it will be released though.

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's not the fact that it's hard to do this kind of stuff, trains are just out of scope and would require a lot of research to add to the game, and they are built in a completely different way so they wouldn't be able to reuse any assets for them. It's a lot of energy wasted that could be used to make 2 or 3 new cars.
    Also you can already save cars on a map, it's kinda tricky but works, I forgot how exactly but people have done it before. And you can theoretically make a mod out of that.
    I imagine dirt and dust can't happen until all vanilla vehicles fully support PBR, there is some work left to do for it.
    And idk why you want more map events if there are already lots of them on many maps and they do have variety.

8. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

It's not really about the fact that's it hard, but it's a car game. Mod makers will carry on making other vehicles, but the devs won't.

9. locualo

locualo
    Expand Collapse

yes you are right, trains are not a priority, better focus on actual problems as of now.

yes it can be implemented with scenarios, i guess it works but it's a bit tedious as of now.
    There are some scenarios yes but i find they could be improved, there are not many that are really very good.
    Of course carrer mode will make all much better but we'll (probably) see.
    please consider this just a random opinion though, everyone has different expectations and ideas for the game.

do you have a link of that mod? i'm curious

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice