1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Something is weird with my setup when using traffic mode

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by SonikPr, Nov 19, 2022.

1. SonikPr

SonikPr
    Expand Collapse

Hi there. Not long ago I've started experiencing unpleasant lags and FPS drops while using traffic mode. Sonmehow, the FPS drops to 30-40 FPS in any graphics mode. On "gameplay" menu traffic amount is set to "auto", and normally the game spawns approx 10 additional cars, and then lags begin.

What's weird - the performance graph states that possble bottlenecks are CPU and GameEngine at the same time, but, in that time CPU is loaded not more than 35-40%, and the GPU is loaded only for 70-80%.

Well, and, my specs:
    1. CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 10c/20t 3.1 gHz.
    2. GPU: Gigabyte extreme GTX 1060 6gb
    3. RAM: DDR III 1866 mHz 32 gb quad-channel
    4. OS: Windows 10 22H2
    5. Game is installed on SATA SSD
    6. Game is purchased through Steam

P.S.: What's really weird is that I have another PC with I5- 8300H and 1050 4G (laptop), and only 3 traffic cars (4 cars in general) make the CPU to burst into constant 100% load, I have exactly the same 35 FPS, but performance graph states that there are only one bottleneck - the GPU itself. I5-8300H is like two times slower than a E5-2680v2, but has more instructions sets. I don't think, it's the CPU trouble.

Anyone has similar problem, or have the solution? I'll be extremely thankful to anyone, who replies.

2. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Do you experience this issue in Safe Mode? (Launcher -> Support Tools)

3. SonikPr

SonikPr
    Expand Collapse

Yes, i do
    Those freezes are occuring a bit rarely in the safe mode.

Besides that, only one car, or 4+ cars without any AI mode enabled are handled well without any perfomance issues

4. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

AI uses CPU resources more than GPU. Each AI vehicle is calculated by CPU.

Please try to reduce the amount of vehicles, try to spawn simplified traffic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice