WIP Beta released Sounds development hub (EA)

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Tronadorous, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Information

I wanted to create a sort of "development" hub for my sound mods, with obviously early access/pre release stuff going in here before it appears live on the repo. It will contain current releases as well as WIP releases for mod cars, sound sample demos and ideas for future mods as well as different versions with different sound types perhaps as well.

I should also add, I'll have a list of development vehicles coming soon that i am either having issues with or require sounds for. This will quite simply be the case that, if anyone has one of these vehicles IRL and wouldn't mind contributing the engine sounds for at around 10-14 different RPMS, in roughly 400-500 rpm incremenets, that would be incredibly helpful and appreciated :).

Soon, I hope to have a Patreon page set up with exclusive behind the scenes stuff, how i do what I do, sample sounds and even rewards for those that contribute their own vehicle sounds for me to mod which is great way for me to give back to those generous contributions.

Development vehicles

WANTED: A MK3 or MK4 Ford Transit Diesel engine sounds, non turbo, 2.5L engine if possible. Need 800/1200/1600/2000/2400/2800/3200/3600/4000/4400/4800 + then whatever redline is samples

Upcoming Sounds

- Secret!

Sample Media

- A Euro Truck diesel engine inspired by a modern Volvo FH:

- A 67 Camaro Sound which came out really well (lush!):

- A Miata Engine on the Skoda 130L:

A 00's VTEC sound, yo:

- A I6 D2866 Diesel Engine sound inspired by a MAN bus for the Wentward:

- A Cosworth inspired throaty I4 sound, inspired by and partially recorded from a Sierra RS500:

- A WIP Modern V8 sound from the 4.2L V8 of a Audi RS4, for the ETK-K

- Another raspy I4 engine from the mid 80s, this time for the Fiat Uno. Using a combination of samples from a Abarth 131, game and mix of cleaner idles, this is yet another choice for "classic" I4 engines:

- A new, better "raspy" I4 engine with on and off loads, I have multiple samples of this to use for quiet, semi-muffled and straight pipe sounds! This sample would be semi-muffled version (well, as muffled as 30+ year old I4 engines got at the time lol)

- 3.0L Diesel sound (not yet version 1.2 on repo, sample is version 1.1):

- Maluch 2 Stroke sound mod // Pigeon Sound mod (not yet live):

Downloads

- Diesel 3.0L sound version 1.22:

https://mega.nz/#!OI9XnYAR!OutMh2CgxmxWhtNK6EpAjsSwAPz-RchTdthZM6Ydylw

- WIP Maluch 2 stroke sound (move contents of .zip file into maluch.zip and delete the ".sbeam" file in the vehicles/maluch/sounds folder otherwise my sounds won't work):

https://mega.nz/#!6NVyAayZ!Wnw1ZAge52_MMOMS0CxTwu1WAbJOnj0PMzpK9HAvKcM

- WIP Fiat Uno/One raspy 131 abarth sounds (similar to above except, drop the "art" file straight into the one_naguluna .zip file, then, drop my engine .jbeam file into \vehicles\one_naguluna so it's besides the others. Select my engine in game, done!):

https://mega.nz/#!XYkmQKiL!ueNXMD4AVuIn2Lk8ZIlMZ9W1lFRTuLrsjKpNcAYifBk

- WIP ETK-K 4.2L V8 (Audi RS4 inspired) sound:
    https://mega.nz/#!LdclXYLT!qkIOkhi-9D6X3AFI_lmo4ETY9Qbj60I09gFnLIJg57o

- 2.0L Cosworth I4 Engine (RS500 Sierra inspired) sound:
    https://mega.nz/#!mclSyY4B!hF-eJhHERNMoPRaQlNnT6-C5FrCZ9LgvZIEPs8nBGA8

- I6 D2866 Diesel Sound for the Wentward Bus:

Feedback and Support

Any issues, suggestions or otherwise please discuss!

If you like what I do and feel like supporting me to create future, better and higher quality resources, consider donating via PayPal.

(Emporeous Sounds is my main Steam name/business name if that makes it clearer)

#1 Tronadorous, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 16
  2. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

I was expecting the diesel to sound something like this

Needs more clatter to it. The sound is too refined for H-Series and a bit more like gasoline engine IMO. But the samples are very nice and clean. Good luck on the project, I will subscribe to this interesting thread.

3. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Hey man, yeah I've been getting this comment a lot with regards the refinement thing and thus I've provided a bit of information on the samples I've sourced and the reasoning behind the currently "profile" so to speak.

Ok so first of all the engine is niether of those that youv'e posted, it's a 3.0L rebuild pre-tuned common-rail injection Diesel engine that is actually found more so in the AT38 Arctic Trucks Toyota Hilux, in this case, is just being used in a modified Hilux. The sounds were not recorded from inside the engine bay directly, but between the bonnet/hood plate, some sound deadening material sandwhiched between the microphone and the hood, close to the vented intake on the bonnet (the truck it self is not a AT38 per say, but it styled to look like one minus the huge winter tyres). This creates a very unique, normalized sound that still captures the bass note, the intake noise and with a bit of modification in the sound program, brings out the intake noise further with more treble.

The reason It hasn't been recorded with more clatter is also jsut because the 3.0L engine is well sorted, it sounds closer to the 2.5 video you showed however as stated with the deadening and muffle, there is less "clatter" and more of a idle "murmur". The custom intake system also installed allows for much more of that "hiss" you find across the RPM range. This caused a few mic issues to begin with recorded directly on the engine and even sounds like it's turbo'd when it's note. So in short, a lot was done to make it clean, clear, refined whilst still hopefulyl capturing the unique sound of the 3.0L and the unique intake system supplied to my contacts vehicle :).

Having said that, I plan to make a more "clattery" diesel transit engine sound providing i can get the samples as currently it's hard to source someone who is willing to let me stretch the diesel engine out lol. I do have some excellent idle samples (see OP for link just added of sound) and "max rpm" samples but i need the middle before it can be a whole sound, hopefully, coming soon either via youtube recordings or IRL :).

Thank you again for the complements though, appreciate it, every bit of support helps :D.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ApolloSauce

ApolloSauce
    Expand Collapse

Would you be interested in possibly getting some samples from an Audi S5 or a BMW 335i? I have access to both, sounds would be recorded on an iPhone 6, Audi is a B8.5 (3.0T Supercharged V6, factory exhaust, aftermarket intake) BMW is a F30 (3.0 N55 single turbo, factory exhaust, aftermarket intake). The Audi might be an issue unless I can find a way past the 4K rpm rev limiter that is applied when the car isn’t in motion. Just message me or something if you are interested! The sounds seem awesome so far!

5. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

100% yes!! I should note if anyone wants to contribute any sounds for any vehicles people have really would be very welcome.

How good is the mic on a iPhone 6? All you need to make sure is the sound doesn't blow the mic leveling out or peak pop. My suggestion is to wrap it in a cloth or put a glove over it haha :D. Either or you'll be able to get a good feel for it. At least 7 seconds per sample would be ideal so I can create clean loops but it's not exactly science, longer is better hehe.

6. St3v3th3d0g

St3v3th3d0g
    Expand Collapse

Could you put this sound on the D-series? I think it would sound great! Keep up the good work!

7. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I could do going forward, I have a different sound in the works for the D-series, or at the very least, I may actually swap the current H sound with the D sounds and make the new mod i'm making sounds for the H series but we shall see how they turn out :). Will be recording them today and will upload a preview once done.

8. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Small update. I may have a fix for missing engine audio when it comes to sample sourcing...it's a little thing called granular sampling which could really help sourcing, mixing, sampling and getting GOOD sounds in the game!

All involves is having a good long sample of a vehicle accelerating and decelerating at a nice smooth pace, inputting those files, waveform analysing, and hopefully recording the output at the relevant RPMs.

My only concern is the actual loop quality from the outputs and whether or not it will sound good in game...really hope so as this could be huge for future sound development :).

EDIT

Well...after some playing around it's simply not going to work with the program I am using, that, coupled with the price and effort of another program that may or may not fully work to the high standard I want, going to have to drop the granular sound idea until the tech either gets better, or more programs out there allow greater control without such terrible degredation in sound looping quality!

For now, work continues on sourcing the best samples I possibly can and that will be coming with a couple more releases in the new week as well as more media :).

#8 Tronadorous, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  9. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

As some were requesting a change to the idle sound, what do people think of this?

Personally i can't see it fitting with the 3.0L engine as it's a cross between a 02 transit 2.5 and a 13 3.0L from different vehicles haha. Without a complete re-do of the engine samples it will never sound really at home unless someone can contribute a 2.5 banana engine or 2.5 later ford transit N/A engine, but if enough people want this sound mod as an option then I'll upload it :).

In other diesel news, I have managed to get some good samples of a Land Rover Defender diesel with start up and shut off sounds too (if i can make them work with proper time delays) so that will be coming up soon, as shall TDI engine from a more modern ford engine and even a T-series race truck engine i'm toying with :), sample shall be up soon of all those 3.

#9 Tronadorous, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Couple more WIP engine sounds added to first post.

That's all for today! D90 was a bit of bust because RPM tweaks are so crucial...if the RPM is unknown it makes it pretty hard to sit the sounds properly.

Any way let me know what you think :).

#10 Tronadorous, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  11. Classy Hat Doge

Classy Hat Doge
    Expand Collapse

I am really surprised at the lack of people commenting on this, I think these sounds you are making are simply outstanding! the quality is really something else, I can't wait to see what else you come out with here, I for one love the idea of many more sounds for different engines, adds much more personalization to the game when it comes to making your own configs. Overall, I love what you are doing here, keep up the amazing work!

P.S. I personally like the changed idle in the H-series diesel, has that signature "knock" you here on most (if not all) diesels. Again sounds amazing and keep it up!

12. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Thanks :), I think it's just because a lot of people prefer weekdays for updates because the repo is very slow for official uploads even though I put all my uploads here now as well :), hopefully it picks up. I am not totally happy with the I4 or that Hopper Diesel as something about them is putting me off a little lol so more work shall be done on them before considered releases. I want the audio for any mod I do to sound virtually perfect and smooth so what comes next will hopefully be that. Not sure what will come first, but it will probably be a V8 sound for something :).

Oki doke, I think I'll add it as an option to download then for the H-series for people to choose.

13. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

After much trial and error I simply can't get a method of getting these transit sounds to sound good in the game from granular samples. I really do need the real thing.

If anyone has or knows anyone with a Ford Transit Van from about 1995-2005 with either a banana engine or a classic 2.5L transit motor do please get in touch with how to go about capturing the right engine samples from it! It's an option I do want to make a complete choice for in the future but not without high quality audio for it as it once i modify it for the game it should sound perfect for the H series :).

14. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Good news :), new I4 "raspy" engine sound sample added to previews. This will hopefully have 3 versions with 3 engines with 3 different redlines (a 6500, a 7500 Turbo and a "race spec" 9000 RPM version), the version you hear above being the standard muffled version revving out to 9000 RPM just to test the sound samples :D

The other two versions will be a quieter version than that and a fully straight through, angry raspy I4 sound as if it had a massive exhaust, or no exhaust, or just a big hole in the muffler hehe. Thanks to wonderful trial and error, extracting the sounds from the Automation game went really well, virtually no editing is needed at all on the on or off load samples however me being me will edit the offload to be a little less chirpy, and the on load to be a little less bassy.

Hopefully, if I can find a good way of doing it, I want to add rattle sounds, exhaust burble/pops/crackles, gear shift sounds and custom turbo sounds going forward to really capture the essence of this incredibly diverse engine and it's sounds :).

15. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Your mods are awesome, I hope you can add lots more!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, I certainly plan to :). I am hoping in a future update they allow us to put both Interior and Exterior sounds as seperate samples, so, doubling the SfxBlend files to allow for bother on and off load for exterior and interior. However for now, what we have so far is perfectly suited to me and the sounds :).

17. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

Oh man, just stumbled across your pigeon sound mod and my jaw dropped. You are doing some good work! The sounds are clean and very high quality. I'm personally excited to see how you do V8s. None the less I will be watching this thread and giving feedback, Thank you for time and effort you have put into making these.

18. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Many thanks :), I love sound modding and opportunity to make a game like this sound good jumped out. Heh, me too. Not sure how to go about them just yet I know a few V8 mods already on here sound great so I'll be experimenting with resources to see what sounds good :).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Will be uploading a I4 sound sample later of a muffled, straight through sound and racing sample :). Sounds from Automation. May scrap the muffled as it sounds very similar to stock funnily enough.

EDIT

Won't be tonight, tomorrow instead! Will be very Alpha until I find better way to add turbos etc.

#19 Tronadorous, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Ok, some I4 samples from Automation.

First one is the one we've already heard, but with a "test turbo" so to speak:

Second is a more N/A racing I4 engine sound that revs to 8800:

If I'm completely honest I'm oddly not to sure with either currently, they both need tuning work done a little to make them not sound a garish but they are excellent quality samples overall, is just finding how to best use them for future releases.

I'll let feedback here towards them both be heard because I could do with the input!

I do have a lovely sounding modern I4 sound in the works though which i think sounds superb honestly, more on that tomorrow :).

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice