Sounds

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SebastianJDM, Feb 7, 2018.

1. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

Beam had a sound update. Yay. But it's still lacking. Yes, it's still being worked on. And yes, it's annoying to get so many suggestions about it. But I'm not here to suggest sUperCHarGER SOunDs or GeAR WhiNE. I'm here to talk about engine sounds :)

V6 - The V6 sound is actually pretty good. It does, however, sound very beefy in my opinion. Like the V6 in a truck (which we don't even have right now). I think a V6_2 should be made, one that's a lot more sporty sounding.

V8 - The V8 sound is pretty modern and bland, just as it should be. And V8_2 is very muscular and aggresive, like that of a muscle car, as it should be. But I think we should get a V8_3 and V8_4. V8_3 should be a modern V8, but a much sportier sounding one, like the M5's engine. V8_4 should be a flatplane V8, obviously fairly sporty, and a bit whinier at higher RPMs.

I4 - The 4 cylinder sound is alright I guess, but to me it sounds like an exhaust sound that's been softened up to sound more like an engine sound. It doesn't have any kind of grumble to it at high RPMs, it remains very smooth sounding. In reality, a 4 cylinder almost always clears its throat a bit above like 4000RPM and has this really nice aggresive induction noise mixing with the engine. This will make it sound more sporty, sure, so maybe it could be an I4_2.

I6 - The inline 6 sound is pretty electronic sounding, so it could do with a bit of induction noise as well. My main complaint though is that the idle is really quiet, even at 1000 RPM.

I3 - We need a 3 cylinder sound pretty badly in my opinion. Driving the pigeon feels wrong with both engines just because of the sound. The 4 cylinder sound is close, but needs to be more poppy and crackly and rough at low RPMs, then sound like a more exotic 4 cylinder at high RPMs.

That's pretty much it, unless I forgot anything, which I'll add on later if I remember :p
    Let me know if you agree.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice