1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Spawning and UI messed up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Citybuild122, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone. Here is my problem right now: I have somehow managed to mess my game up so much that I cant spawn anything or do anything in the map. If you're not understanding what I mean by this, take a look at the picture I have attached.

This happens on every map, and I don't know what I have done. I was playing the game and testing out my custom ETK 800, and I left to make a change to it. I unzipped common, made the changes, saved it, rezipped it, started the game, and then this. On every map. Naturally, I reverted the common folder back to the one I was previously using, and I somehow managed to the get the same result. This is literally the only folder that I edited so I have no earthly idea what could be causing this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
  2. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Try clearing cache, if that doesn't fix it, verify integrity. Try reinstalling the game if all else fails.

3. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah Don't change files unless you test them first. My test modified version of beamng is on Mac whilst my Normal one is on my Alienware:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

The thing is though is that I don't understand what could've happened. I was only working out one folder, which still didn't work upon reverting. The other thing is that I've been making similar edits almost all day. I tried clearing cache, nothing. Verifying integrity is stuck at 0%. So oh well for that option as well. What can I do?

5. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

You shouldn't be modifying any core files anyway, you should work under the mods folder. Verifying integrity and taking backups next time is my recommendation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

7. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Somehow, I got on today and the thing is working.. Makes no sense.. I will definitely start working out of a mods folder.
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay, followup: I found the problem. When I put my tweaked jbeam back into the common folder, it messed up. I isolated the problem. It is somewhere in the code for my custom 8 speed manual transmission. I can't figure it out, so I am going to post it here:
    },
    "etk_transmission_8M_V12": {
    "information":{
    "authors":"BeamNG",
    "name":"V12 8-Speed Manual Transmission",
    "value":4000,
    },
    "slotType": "etk_transmission",
    "slots": [
    ["type", "default", "description"],
    ["etk_flywheel","etk_flywheel_sport","Flywheel", {"coreSlot":true}],
    ["etk_transfer_case","etk_transfer_case_RWD", "Transfer Case"{"coreSlot":true}],
    ],
    "powertrain": [
    ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"],
    ["frictionClutch", "clutch", "mainEngine", 1],
    ["manualGearbox", "gearbox", "clutch", 1],
    ],
    "gearbox": {
    //premultiplied to account for final drive difference
    "gearRatios":[-3.73, 0, 4.405, 2.48, 1.65, 1.3, 1.0, 0.90, .80, .50],
    "friction": 1,
    },
    "clutch": {},
    "vehicleController": {
    "transmissionShiftDelay":0,
    "shiftDownRPMOffsetCoef":1.2,
    //"aggressionSmoothingDown":0.05,
    "calculateOptimalLoadShiftPoints": true,
    "aggressionHoldOffThrottleDelay":3,
    "lowShiftDownRPM":[0,0,0,1400,1500,1500,1400,1300]
    "lowShiftUpRPM":[0,0,3000,2600,2500,2400,2300],
    },
    "flexbodies": [
    ["mesh", "[group]:", "nonFlexMaterials"],
    ["etk_transmission", ["etk_engine","etk_transmission"],[]{"pos":{"x":0,"y":0,"z":0}}],
    ],
    "nodes": [
    ["id", "posX", "posY", "posZ"],
    //--6 Speed Manual--
    {"selfCollision":false},
    {"collision":true},
    {"nodeMaterial":"|NM_METAL"},
    {"frictionCoef":0.5},
    {"group":"etk_transmission"},
    {"nodeWeight":28.5},
    ["tra1", 0.0, -0.36, 0.375],
    {"group":""},
    ],
    "beams": [
    ["id1:", "id2:"],
    //--TRANSMISSION CONE--
    {"beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
    {"beamSpring":9240600,"beamDamp":150},
    {"beamDeform":600000,"beamStrength":"FLT_MAX"},
    ["tra1","e1r"],
    ["tra1","e1l"],
    ["tra1","e3r"],
    ["tra1","e3l"],
    {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
    ],

Tell me if you see the problem.

8. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Could you post the whole .jbeam file? Also, I believe the last gearRatios values need to be 0.80 instead of simply .80

9. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Aha. Thank you so much. That fixed it. All parts are working great! Such a small mistake on my part. Also just wondering, how would I even go about making this into a releasable mod?

10. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

This is how I would possibly do it:
    drop the .jbeam file into documents/beamng.drive/mods/unpacked/etk_trans_cb122/vehicles/common. Make sure the jbeam is called something like etk_custom_trans_byCB122.jbeam so it doesn't conflict with anything for sure. Then open game, go to mod manager, find an unpacked mod called etk_trans_cb122 (or what ever you called it) and hit 'pack'.
    Alternatively, you can pack it using windows but if you are not sure about the file paths just go with the mod manager.

11. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

What about if the JBeam has all of the custom parts? Here is what is custom: V12 6.5L engine, V12 8 speed manual, V12 turbocharger, and I'm still trying to figure out how to get a custom radiator since when the car hits 250 MPH it burns the engine to hell.

12. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

You can have all your custom parts in the same jbeam or different jbeams. In the case of etk cars (the newer ones) you just want to put them all (engine related parts at least) in to the common folder. Jbeam names and the folder name can be what ever you want to name them.

13. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Hey there, sorry for the somewhat late reply, I did the folder thing, and put the JBeam in the common, and it showed up on the active mods list, but it didn't work.

14. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

If you post the mod here, I'm sure someone eil be able to help you. Or try the mod support discussion

15. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Here is the JBeam for the mod. It is the only thing that is in the file at all. The location for this JBeam is: Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods\unpacked\etkcctstune\vehicles\common

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice