Speed-adjusted DOF

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Brother_Dave, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I realize this would be the very last post on a to-do list and could also be left to modders BUT..

I see them fancy ReShade shaders that makes the game looks so pretty when you stand still. Cant use them when you drive though since the DOF is so close you wouldnt see a rock in front of the car until you hit it.

If the DOF was speed-sensitive you could get those fancy pancy close-up sharp-far away blurry looks when standing still and the faster you go the further you see.

Im not one for any type of NFS-graphics toy/candy/only-show-no-gogames but this i would like :p

PIC BORROWED!

2. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

*bump*
    are you using reshade ?

3. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Well... in Beams defence, we could probably make it look as goofy as wanted, but the physics are so good that it still wouldn't be considered just an eye candy game... probably...

We will have to wait until someone makes a cell shader mod before we really know how true that is I guess.

4. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I am yes, not using as heavy reshade as in that pic, less contrast and that DOF wouldnt be useable when driving, im using the ingame DOF at most times. I do use alot more contrast then vanilla, also boosted colors lately, before that i used more washed out settings since it felt more realistic but that got boring so playing around a bit now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Heres what mine looks like now, compared to vanilla.

Also, see the FPS counter in the corner? It glithches out when i turn Reshade off, for some reason. I have the same problem in the level editor only its everywhere, in all the menus and so on. @Nadeox1 have you seen this before? Ive had this problem for a long time, dont know if its the same that say @bob.blunderton has but it makes editing levels difficult.

Attached Files:

• Untitled.png
    • Untitled2.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice