Spintires/Mudrunner/Snowrunner Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by ManfredE3, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Racermon

Racermon
    Expand Collapse

If you are talking about mudrunner allowing a full tank then okay
    If you are talking about Spintires (as the first release) then it does the same thing, only up to 200

As far as tree traction goes it seems like ST+

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

i play fullscreen. Also @Racermon we were talking about the original release of spintires so i mean launch day spintires and there you could fill your truck up completly at the workshop

3. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Then you might switch to borderless (if it's available) to kinda have a solution to the dual-monitor problem

4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

the odd thing is that it now wont happen anyomore maybe they fixed it?

5. OttoNL

OttoNL
    Expand Collapse

I think I had issues with switching out of the software (in full screen mode) too. I think my hosted MP game sometimes crashed by alt-tabbing. I haven't played in a while, but I do think the game doesn't really like being in the background when in fullscreen.

6. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully they can add some sort of mod respiratory for consoles, sort of like fallout 4 has, except only allow sensible and decent quality mods. And nothing obsurd like a Lamborghini huracon 12 feet up in the air on tractor tires.

7. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

I love the game! if you avent played spintires and you wanna get spintires get mudrunner instead

8. spavatch

spavatch
    Expand Collapse

I got it as well. Spent 150+ hours in the original game so I couldn't miss it. Definitely not 'GotY' but new/refreshed maps and cars plus some new features are surely a nice addition. Plus, the dev is alive so there's prospect for improvements and additional content in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Last week a "free DLC" was announced, scheduled for February release. One new map, three new trucks. If I am understanding their post correctly, there will be some unique add-ons for these vehicles, including 2 trailers compatible with vehicles currently in the game. Looks like there will be some good stuff.

MZKT-7429: an 8x8 tank transporter with modernized versions still in production by MZKT

MAZ-6317: a standard cab over 6x6. A nice truck from the late 80's, North Korea apperently uses them today

ZAZ/LuAZ 969: a really weird looking duck with wheels car from the late 60's/early 70's. IRL apperently very good off road but slow and not safe.

I'm wondering what "advanced trailer hitch for E-7429" means. Maybe it has to do with the vehicles "special feature" or the new medium log cart. There will be a new asset called "E-7429 trailer hitch", which makes it that much more intriguing. The A-969 is getting "fuel canisters"; I guess this will be our first scout with refueling capability, or maybe it will just function as an increased capacity fuel tank.

Official announcement link:
    https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/3027/announcing-free-dlc-the-valley

I was hoping any DLC would branch out the content, such as polish trucks, a Siberia map or something other than logs to transport (ex: return of the highway trailer). Still waiting for the ability to haul doubles, even though convoys are easy enough. Always nice to have some free official content though.

#29 ManfredE3, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The DLC apperently didn't get any attention on this forum but I'll post the latest news anyway...

Kinda old news, but Mudrunner USA has been confirmed. American trucks and environment (I assume it would be a summertime Oregon/Washington or New York/New England, since they seem opposed to anything new like snow/deserts and a Northern Midwest map would be rather boring). The statement referenced it once as an expansion and overall it sounded like an expansion and everyone seems to have come the the conclusion that it will be a large DLC, but the statement also ended suggesting that they want to make Mudrunner into "a franchise, as we did with Farming simulator". After what happened with Cities XL, that last part has me worried.

11. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

It's on sale for 6 bucks right now because I have the original Spintyres, I'm wondering if it's worth it? I tried playing multiplayer yesterday and it was miserable, then I was kicked when I alt-tabbed and I couldn't find another server because there's like 3. Is Mudrunner worth it?

12. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it is in every way better, ping is better handled, graphics are better than the last one, physics are greatly improved, and there's a first-person view now. The only problem that is still there is the Alt-Tab bug, which they are working on fixing. Until then, simply minimize the window instead of Alt-tabbing to prevent this 90% of the time.

13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

A February monthly update was made viewable today on their forums. They put a download on the post for high resolution images of the maps.

Mudrunner USA (title not final) is currently a very much in development DLC for Mudrunner but "nothing is set in stone" and it is possible it will be released as a new game. If it is a DLC it may be paid or free, they haven't decided yet. They are trying to get the vehicle licenses for that and aim to use it to make content "more familiar" for their large USA player base.

Nintendo switch version and console mod support (at one point they said mod support, at another point they said adding their favorite mods as DLC) are in development.

All of this is in different stages of development and planned for 2018 release.

Another update coming out "early this year" will have steam workshop map support and "other cool new features". There was a comment I didn't understand about a other DLC coming relatively soon and having to do with maps on the workshop.

14. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

They also mentioned a nintendo switch version wich ill probably gonna buy just because i want to play this game mobile

15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Anyone have any idea what the B-6A could be?

16. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I've heard they mentioned an upcoming USA expansion called Mudrunner USA, but I'm not sure if it will be a standalone game or paid DLC, I think Mudrunner USA will make more sense as a DLC rather than a standalone game.

17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Last I heard the team wasn't sure which they would introduce it as.

18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Muddrunner 2 was announced recently. Still limited info out on the USA DLC.
    Yes I know half the posts on this thread are mine, don’t remind me
    Keeping in mind Focus Interactive’s track record, is there anyone who does not have a bad feeling about this? Or is it unanimous?

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. TommyAssassin

TommyAssassin
    Expand Collapse

USA DLC titled American Wilds will come out in September or October. Here's some screens.

20. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Mudrunner's American Wilds DLC is planned to be a priced DLC for Mudrunner that for future buyers will be included in the game's price, but for those who already bought it will appear as a purchasable DLC. Mudrunner 2 immediately got a lot of worried responses on the FOCUS Home Discord server, and we don't know anything about it except that it will exist. Hopefully, the announcement of Mudrunner 2 means that they've got plans for either a new game engine from the ground up or found a way to fix all of its problems (mud being invisible, saves corrupting, slippery everything, etc.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice