1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Starter's behavior at gears

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by den_chik, Jul 11, 2020.

1. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

I just wonder why the car's starter can works then engine off at all vehicle's gears WHEN clutch fully unpressed. At very low gears, i suppose, big powered starter CAN spins and moves the vehicle to drive (but, sure, not at high gears). BUT if I press the vehicle BRAKES, starter STILL WORKING (but not allows start the engine, at luck). Will that behavior improved sometime?

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

What you hear is the starter sound not being synced to what it's actually doing. So while the sound plays just fine more or less no matter what you do, the actual starter torque will be applied correctly to the powertrain. This also means that you can indeed "drive" the car with the starter in the lower gears, but much less so in higher gears.
    Fixing the desync would involve considerable amounts of work (if even possible at all due to lack of matching sound samples), so there is no fix for this planned.

3. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for reply. But there are have be some different logic and not even "new sounds" and "sync". "Normal" starter's sound haven't even play (may be another ONE). And in case of braking during the starting the starter should be will malfunction for very short time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice