1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Starts in Background

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by jackh4x, Nov 16, 2015.

1. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

I have seen a few threads about this but no one seems to be getting a definite answer. I go to open the game in steam and it just runs in the background as if it were in the foreground. I was just playing yesterday, I don't understand. I tried clearing all the caches and starting all the .exes directly but nothing seemed to work. It just keeps running in the background. I don't know what changed because I didn't touch anything from the last time I played the game. Both my SSD, which is where the game root is, and my HDD, where my mods are located, are in good health. I don't get it.

2. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Did you try reinstalling the game?

3. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

I was hoping I wouldn't have to but I guess it would make sense to try. I'll let you know what happens.

4. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Happened to me in the past, I had to put the zipped mods into mods-vehicle or mods-levels instead of zipped in the mods folder. Maybe that will work for you?

5. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

Actually I've been doing that from the beginning, thinking that was the only way to make the mods work. I didn't know that you didn't have to organize them into their respective folders. So I don't think the problem was what you said. The game is about half way done downloading so we shall see if it's fixed.

6. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

As of recently you can just place the zip into documents-BeamNG-mods, since that's not the problem you can do that for now on. Also I'm sure a reinstall will do the trick so you should be good to go. If not i'm not sure what else you can do.

7. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

Reinstall didnt work, I'll try removing the mods folder to try and isolate the problem.

Edit: Removing the mods folder worked! I'll have to go through later and figure out which one(s) are the problematic mods.

#7 jackh4x, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  8. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Do you have Dummiesman's waffle map? If so get rid of it. I forgot about that.

9. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

Nope, never heard of it.

10. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Ok then it must be some other mod, good luck finding it:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice