1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Steam Cloud Sync Conflict?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by sogulNen, Jan 28, 2017.

1. sogulNen

sogulNen
    Expand Collapse

Hi there. I'm new to the BMNG forums. First post as it seems!

A little bit over a year, I downloaded this game via Steam and haven't had too many issues. Today, it is virtually unplayable and I mean that by every sense of the word "unplayable", the window that shows up before starting the game that includes the cache clearing & safe mode buttons are not showing, the only window that shows up is a Steam window stating that my local BeamNG.drive files are conflicting with ones stored in the steam cloud.

What?

I don't really have anything to save to put in the cloud. Anyways, the two options are to either upload the local files to the Steam cloud or to download the Cloud files to my PC. I tried to remember if it was a mod conflicting with the game, and I barely have only several mods installed automatically with the in-game-to-website feature. I also remember everything worked perfectly fine after installing the most recent mod. All was fine until I came back home today, turned my PC on and this just showed up out of the blue. Honestly, I know for sure that I didn't mess with the game right before encountering this error.

I'm not too tech-savvy, so if anyone is capable of giving me a quick and easy solution to this, it would be great. I'm afraid that if I click either one of those, it's just going to screw things up. I'm a privacy freak too, I don't want any shiznit associated with the cloud.

Thanks in advance.

#1 sogulNen, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Welcome around here :)

We only use the steam cloud for storing persistent settings, so you don't loose them between versions, etc. You can have a look at them at:
    C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\BeamNG.drive\settings\cloud

It is not important if they are gone, so if in doubt, delete the files in that folder and Steam should sync properly.

3. sogulNen

sogulNen
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Tdev, i'm surprised a dev actually responded, you don't see that everyday!

Before I continue, i'd like to say that the only thing that shows up are two items, the first being the "game-settings-cloud" and "game-state.json". If those are deleted in the cloud folder, by any possibility will it effect the game in even the slightest form? Will it affect any online activity within the game? Are there any potential risks if these files are deleted? Will they regenerate? Will anything happen out of the ordinary when there's a game update? Sorry for all the questions, i'm just taking precautions. Hope to hear from you soon.
    --- Post updated ---

4. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

You'll need to set some things new in your settings (i.e. Advanced mode) and it'll ask you about the online mode again. If in doubt, you can also rename the 'cloud' folder to something else and it should work.

5. sogulNen

sogulNen
    Expand Collapse

Thanks T, all is working pretty good now, although somehow all of the settings are still the same, including the online mode. Thanks again, though!

6. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Good to hear that it worked :)

If you don't get answers around here, feel free to contact our support next time: https://support.beamng.com :)

7. Alex Karamalis

Alex Karamalis
    Expand Collapse

Hello tdev,

I got a pop up stating that my local beamng.drive files conflict with the ones stored in the steam cloud. I am not sure what to do at this point. I don't want to mess anything up or corrupt the files. At this point, I have two options. Your help will be much appreciated!

Option 1: Download the cloud files to my PC

Option 2: Upload the the local files to the steam cloud

- Alex

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It should tell you which ones are the most recent.
    Just choose that one :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice