1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Steering Wheel gamebreaking bug T500RS

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Zalmoxis, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I haven't played Beamng in a long time so I started it today.

Using Thrustmaster T500RS and the preset FFB configuration (tried all of them), the steering wheel turns left-right really fast when entering a map and remains so ALL the time. So at first it is about +-5 degrees, then progressively gets worse.
    All drivers are updated. Using Win10, and steam. No mods are used.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

3. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

I never opened the drivers window while playing. I also tried resetting the Thrustmaster wheel from the default settings (in the thrustmaster app) and it is the same. I also read the other solutions in the link and none apply to this situation.

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Please follow this guide to tune the FFB of your steering wheel: https://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup#Vibration_cancelling_guide

5. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

Tried to configure it like that, and even to fiddle with the smoothness etc... It is not as bad as before but the wheel still vibrates A LOT....

6. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Keep in mind that fiddling with the smoothness sliders is the crucial step here! The rest won't help reduce vibrations nearly as much as that. So if you are still experiencing vibrations, you will have to increase the smoothers.

It is also possible that you are driving a car with a suspension geometry not designed for use with steering wheels, but for gamepads or keyboards. Are you having troubles with all vehicles (e.g. official cars), or only with some?

7. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

I tried to put the maximum smoothness but it did not help. Vibrations were not frequent but they were amplified somehow. And I only tried with official cars, I do not have any mods yet.

8. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

In which situations did you get vibrations? Can you please record a video with the "FFB Graph" UI app open on screen?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice