Story

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by MrCin, Nov 27, 2018.

?

What should the story be about?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2019.
  1. Cars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Racing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Life in the BeamNG world

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

For now, there will be no screenshots, since I'm on my laptop running Linux Mint 19 and can't figure out how to install BeamNG. Also, my PC's hard drive is bricked. Story coming out soon. :)

Edit: My inspiration is from @DriftinCovet1987. He created an awesome story, go check out his.

2. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

I bumped my own thread with a short story.

The Autonomous ETK - Part 1
    I was in a crowd waiting for the reveal of the brand new ETK Autonomous Concept Car. Everyone was gathered around the dealership, some people even peeking inside the showroom through an opening in the barred window. Inside was a crew preparing the car for reveal. They were checking if everything was alright before showing the car to the public.
    Unfortunately, I was near the back of the crowd and could see almost nothing. An enthusiastic fan started chanting "Long live ETK, long live ETK!". Everyone was yelling and chanting louder and louder, and soon I knew the reason. I pushed my way to the front of the crowd and saw that the door was opening. There was a small purr as a coupe rolled out without a driver. The people next to me started screaming and taking pictures, and so did I because I'm an avid ETK fan and I've been waiting for who knows how long to see this in person.
    It was a modified K-Series without a steering wheel and pedals. Some people grumbled because they wanted to see a whole new car. Soon people started going home, but I hid behind the dealership and waited. After everyone went home, I realized that the crew made a mistake. They left the K-Series out in the lot. Want to know why it was a bad idea?
    The car started driving in my direction. I screamed when it turned behind the dealership. The driver's door swung open. "You want me to... get inside?" The ETK honked and rolled towards me. I got in, closed the door, put on my seatbelt, and waited. For a second the car did nothing, then it lurched forward and soon we were out of the dealership and driving down the road.
    We got on the freeway, and I'm pretty sure the ETK thought it was on the Autobahn. I was pushed into my seat as we accelerated sharply. I saw the speedometer read 95 MPH when we stopped accelerating. We flew past cars and I was surprised that we didn't crash once despite there being a computer at the wheel. At the exit, we slowed down and came to a stop at an intersection. We pulled into a neighborhood, which oddly, was my neighborhood, then we turned onto the street where I live, then the ETK parked in my empty driveway (My parents are at work.) and then shut itself off. The driver's door swung open, I unbuckled myself, then got out.
    "Hey, thanks for the ride."
    Right as I said that, the ETK reversed out of my driveway and sped away. I wondered how it knew my address. Later that day my parents came home and asked how I came home. "We said we'd pick you up later when we dropped you off at the dealership." "The autonomous ETK drove me here." You wouldn't believe my dad's reaction.
    "Fascinating!" he said. "The car scanned your wallet with your driving licence, then took you to the address on it!" I have only heard of such things in movies. If this is true, then I'm calling ETK and asking if I can purchase it. For all I know, it's going to be pretty expensive.
    I called ETK and they told me the price they are willing to sell it for. Let me just say that it was not what I was expecting.

#2 MrCin, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  3. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

hjsj.png
    Started part two :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

The Autonomous ETK - Part 2 - "Kind of Creepy"
    I can't believe that they are willing to sell it to me for $75 a month. That's dirt cheap for a super-rare autonomous sports car. I accepted the offer and soon after the ETK pulled into my driveway.
    This is where things started to get a little creepy, if they weren't at first. By instinct, I grabbed my Pessima keys to go to the store and walked out the door. There was a nasty snarl from the ETK's engine. "Uhh, OK." I said, putting the Pessima's keys back where they belonged and walking back out the door. The ETK's door slowly opened and I got inside. I didn't need to close the door or put on my seatbelt, because the car did it for me. The engineers must have upgraded the car since last time I rode in it.
    The ETK drove faster than usual, flooring it as we got onto the main road. It braked like John Stapp and sent me hurtling into a chunk in the dashboard which had once been a steering column. My head hurt, but the door swung open and closed itself as I walked into the shop.
    "Hey, you the crazy guy in that ETK over there?"
    I had absolutely no idea what to say to this man who just sprung in front of me.
    "Yes.", I simply said.
    "Well me an' my wife were calmly driving down the road, then we stopped at an intersection. Your ETK flew by like an airplane and we decided to follow you."
    "Oh, I'm just testing a self-driving prototype." Come on, I wouldn't tell this man that the ETK was my virtual driver.
    "Ok then, tell 'em to improve that following-speed-limits chip or something." He walked away.
    When I got out of the store, the passenger door swung open forcefully. I got inside and the car beeped. "What the h*** took you so long?" showed the infotainment screen.
    At this point, my brain was just dead. I didn't know if I had to reply in a special way or just talk. I decided to talk.
    "Well, I met up with this one guy who was suspicious of you."
    "Then you should've told him I'll rip his crappy Ibishu apart!"
    "OK. Listen. I know you're mad, just chill ou-"
    The door closed and we sped away. We were going in the opposite direction of my house. I tried to inform the ETK, but it didn't want to hear it. After multiple attempts, "Fine." came up on the screen. We turned around in a small street, turned left, then the ETK just went mad. It didn't care about the cars passing. The right mirror came off after hitting a Roamer. We scraped against multiple things. Finally, the battered car drove into my driveway. I even had to open the door myself.
    I told my parents about the crazy ETK. They told me to call ETK and tell them that the car malfunctioned.
    "No, I think it just got mad."
    "Why?"
    "Well, it thought I was in the store too long. I met up with a guy who was actually curious about the car, then I spent a little while in the checkout lane."
    "Man, it has no patience." my dad said.
    Unfortunately the ETK heard our conversation and started honking. The honks got louder, as if the car wanted to get attention. I got out of the house. The driver's door swung open. "Bye guys."
    "Yeah, that one's true."
    "Oops."
    The ETK just spoke. It seems like it panicked. We flew out of the driveway.
    I heard a rumbling V8 behind us. It was my dad in his Roamer, trying to take out the ETK. I saw my mom on the phone with the police through the rearview mirror.
    THUNK. SCREECH. My dad managed to PIT maneuver the ETK. The screen shut off. The police arrived soon after.
    It turns out the car's death was caused by my dad damaging the rear quarter panel and the suspension.
    Long story short, we called ETK and managed to get a refund. They even sent an apologetic letter the next day. I guess you can say that ETK probably won't be taking experimental vehicles out of their garages anytime soon.

#4 MrCin, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

I like where this story is going, I suggested you should add said, like I don't know who said what.
    Also add a little bit of comedy.

6. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

Ok, maybe I'll make a part 3

• Like Like x 1
  7. BeamNG.Lover2002

BeamNG.Lover2002
    Expand Collapse

Awesome story I really enjoy it is is funny and silly but I would really like some pictures even if they are of a normal ETK K series with the steering wheel removed cause this is a really something special

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

Pictures will come during the weekend.

9. BeamNG.Lover2002

BeamNG.Lover2002
    Expand Collapse

THanx

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deleted member 309054

Deleted member 309054
    Expand Collapse

Woo! Great job!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

Screenies!

"The not-so-calm trip to the store" (Part 2)
    20190209153743_1.jpg
    "etk.exe has stopped being sane" (Part 2)
    20190209154019_1.jpg
    "PIT maneuver" (Part 2)
    20190209154303_1.jpg
    Bonus image: (Part 1)
    20190209153316_1.jpg

#11 MrCin, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

13. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

sd.png
    :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

So...
    I had an idea.
    I wanted Part 3 to be fan-made.
    Let's see what you guys come up with!

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

Can I ask you something? What type of Pessima is it? The 80s or 90s?

16. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

90's

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

K, wait color? Doesn't matter what color though its your story.

18. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

Edit: nvm

19. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

That, cuz every time we type, it gets to the front page.

20. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

Dark red, can't remember the name

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice