1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Strange headlights

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by SergentFido, Sep 28, 2015.

1. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hello to all the community and the devs ! i wish you a nice day.

I have some kind of issue that i noticed since some weeks, and i would like to know if this is common, or maybe on some PC configs only, and if it's a bug or not.
    The fact is that this strange behaviour of the headlights is bugging me, it breaks the pleasure to play with lights on.

On my desktop PC, the healight glass texture is mainly dark grey, like if it wasn't part of the headlight, not affected by the glow.
    It's only by turning around the car that the texture goes back to a glowing one, depending on the angle, and it's pretty difficult to catch a view with all the lights working properly.
    Mainly it's full grey or with alf lights ok and the other grey.

I have taken some screenshots of the issue, i have noticed it on some mods and some official cars, i don't have tested all the official ones.
    you can see the grey glass becoming a light glass progressivly on the pickup and the Moonhawk.

On the Grand Marshal it's not a on/off effect, but a progressiv one, the light is appearing with clear steps, i have captured those.

Hope this will help, i don't have found any topics about that, so that's why i supposed it's a very rare issue.

Thanks for reading me

lights-strange1.jpg

lights-strange2.jpg

lights-strange3.jpg

lights-strange4.jpg

lights-strange5.jpg

lights-strange6.jpg

lights-strange7.jpg

lights-strange8.jpg

lights-strange9.jpg

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I thought I was the only one who noticed. I think it's an issue where the layer with a cubemap is always rendered on top of the effect. I say this because just like the headlights, windows and lights are overlayed over the water when a car is underwater.

It would be nice if this was fixed in the future, it's been like this for a year and it's never been addressed.

3. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your reply !
    I wasn't sure since when i noticed that because i didn't played that much with the headlights on. It's only since some weeks as i'm doing a car mod, that i noticed the way my glasses behave.
    I thought it was my car but then i noticed the official cars do the same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice