1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Stuttering in slowmo

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Nabooch, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Nabooch

Nabooch
    Expand Collapse

Problem: Whenever I replay recordings and slow down the clip, I get a stuttering during impacts. The parts that sly off the cars stutter in mid air and sometimes the cars themselves. I don't recall this problem a couple days ago when I first got the game but now I've noticed it. I'm looking at frames and I'm getting at least 90fps at all times.

What can I do to fix this?

I'm using a Razer Blade 15
    i7 9750H
    RTX 2070 Max-q

2. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

...then don't slow down the clip.
    are you using replay mode?
    If you want slow clips, record in slomo for optimal results

3. Nabooch

Nabooch
    Expand Collapse

You were right! I recorded the crash in slow motion, then went back into replay mode and played at regular speed until just before the crash. When I slowed the clip back down it was butter smooth, no more stuttering!

Thanks a lot! You made my night

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nabooch

Nabooch
    Expand Collapse

This morning I tried running some tests again and noticed I'm still getting some stuttering. I checked my frames again and right as a crash happens my frames drop to 20-30fp .

I looked at my cpu temp, it was 71c but I noticed it was being throttled down to 3.9Ghz.

Is my setup just not powerful enough to handle this game?

I was in freeform mode. Map was West Coast Highway U believe and I was crashing one car into another. Had then parked stationary down the road so I'm not sure if that's asking a lot of my computer

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Can you record a video showing the issue please?

Is it a single stutter, or the FPS go down for a few seconds?

6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Since your CPU is not overheating, you can simply use Throttlestop to lock the CPU to its rated clock speed.

7. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Based on the fact that he's using a laptop, it's probably throttling because some other component is hitting its power limit, not just the CPU. That said, even a laptop i7 should be able to handle this game. Maybe avoid WCUSA, it is notoriously hard to run (even worse than Italy in some spots).

8. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

My current laptop don't have this problem, only throttle at 90-95°C. However, my previous laptop is more or less of a scam. The CPU was a i3-3xxx, the rated clock is 2.4G, when playing CPU intensive simulation game such as Flightgear or Rigs of Rods. The CPU throttle downed to about 1.2G, a massive 50%, and the temp is only 62°C. I did use Throttlestop to lock the clock at 2.4G, the temp is about 82°C and could run safely for a long time. The scam is the claim that the laptop is both high-performance and cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice