suggestion : car DAE exportation from ingame deformation

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SergentFido, Oct 30, 2015.

1. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hello to everyone in the community.
    I will repeat what bunch of people have already said, but since i discovered Beamng Drive last January i play with ithe game almost everyday without a tiny bit of something like being bored or what. With the amount of new mods, car and terrains, it's always very entertaining and awesome.

Well speaking of that and with the arrival of the awesome Bronx map, and as i'm working on my own mod that i will present in the next few days (a '80 american full size) i had this idea since a few days. Also i'm sorry if this was perhaps already suggested, but i didn't saw that by reading the forum everyday.

Could it be possible to export a very nicely deformed car ingame as a DAE file, so that it could give some very good material for creating a junkyard, street car wrecks (for the Bronx map for exemple). Like a 3D capture of a car.
    I know that this kind of object will become hard like concrete, and not deformable as it happens in the GTA franchise, and that it would provide a lot of optimisation work because of the huge amount of vertices and faces of the models in game, but as it's pretty hard to make a realistic deformation in blender and as the game do that just perfectly, it could be a usefull and awesome tool, in my opinion.
    What could be very nice would be to capture the current state of a car, with selected or unselected parts, so that a junkyard should be just realistic as hell, with half cars, etc...

If those kind of tool could be possible, i would just have great pleasure to create free to use car wrecks for maps.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice