Super Glue, and a Monitor...

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by KennyWah, Aug 31, 2015.

1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

(imported from here)

So I was trying to use super glue... and when I tried to put it onto something it wasn't coming out so I rotated it vertically straight up and it squrited straight up and slightly forward... it is on my keyboard, desk, and all down the right portion of my monitor... /=

2. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Dampen a cloth with any nail polish remover containing acetone and wipe it off. This didn't need its own thread dude.

3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Well okay than... it is in off-topic DUUDE....

I looked around, after being confused by loads of controversy over what to do when reading on the web about a similar case.
    I figured people around here would know more about computer related stuff and would have better input.

Also, what is the big deal, how often do I actually make a new thread, I am not one of those guys that makes 100 bug threads about things that aren't even bugs to begin with or are already discovered.

Or even worse...Useless vehicle suggestion threads or new MP threads, at least it is off-topic... and in a proper place, where else am I supposed to put it?

#3 KennyWah, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  4. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

teheheheh SURE IT'S SUPER GLUE, when I do this I at least don't post pictures

5. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I certainly can't imagine acetone making things any better. Hire a lawyer and sue the bitches.

7. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

You're too sensitive, too angry, and unnecessarily passive aggressive. Take a hike.

@Aboroath: hence why I'm suggesting nail polish remover over straight acetone. It's basically a dilute acetone solution formulated to be relatively skin-safe. Straight acetone would burn your shit and melt your plastics.

8. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

And you can be unnecessary and annoying yourself, take a hike.

If you annoy me and you don't like it than just walk away and leave the thread.

#8 KennyWah, Aug 31, 2015
  9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Welp a little googling says nail polish remover and a Q-tip, WD-40, olive oil, steaming hot rag, large sharp kitchen knife
    and last but not least, you're fucked.:cool:

10. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

WD-40?

Olive oil?

This is exactly what I mean when I was confused by what people were saying...

One person would tell the guy to use a razor blade
    next person said not to

another would say nail polish
    next person would say not to.

Would WD-40 really work?

11. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Honestly all I could do is theorize. My guess is WD40 is heavily petroleum based and super glue is an acrylate
    so I would say no, especially when dry. Majority of suggestions are nail polish remover.

12. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the input... I just wanted to be really sure before applying small amounts of nail polish remover to a delicate surface like an LCD monitor

13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

From what I gather the acetone won't melt the super glue but make it weak so it can be gently chipped away with
    something akin to a plastic bread tie. I wouldn't be surprised if there is underlying damage to the LCD surface
    but it's better than a sloppy super glue mess. Good luck.:cool:

14. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, if all goes well, I can take a little surface damage, anything is better than what looks like scorch marks and craters causing mega distortion.

It is like magnifying the screen so bad that from 2 feet away at specific angles you can see traces of a sub-pixel effect going on.

15. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Lol....I bet. Don't consume mushrooms.

16. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

You blew this way out of proportion. Read my first post in this thread and tell me I was trying to incite an argument. Hell, I even gave you the solution to your problem.

Good luck getting people to respect you with that shit fucking attitude.

Peace, lol.

17. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I ask for help and I get...

"this didn't need it's own thread DUDE"

"Dude" changes that from a simple statement to a completely annoying one...

where else was I supposed to post this? My crotch?

The whole "this didn't need a thread" thing is getting to the point where it would seem you can't make a thread for anything anymore without people getting angry over someone just asking for help...

It is something of value, and if I can save it I'd like to make sure I do it right, so how is it such a problem to make a post and ask help from people you think might have better input.

I am not asking for people to Google something for me, I am asking for their personal input.

I have 100s of questions and 98 of them I Google and get the final answer, I can't ask one question from the community that I want another few perspectives on.

- - - Updated - - -

Back On-Topic

Well, I couldn't get anymore unlucky... all I found was 2 nail polish removers that clearly label "acetone free"

#17 KennyWah, Aug 31, 2015
  18. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Do you seriously have to be like this? if you keep acting like Mr. tough guy hiding behind your snarky attitude after some time I wouldn't expect any respect.

19. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I'd just use rubbing alcohol on a cloth.

20. Kitty

Kitty
    Expand Collapse

If i was you i would not use nail polish remover. My little sister tried to remove well nail polish from her laptop and it destroyed the plastics...

This ^
    Rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning just about anything.

Attached Files:

• IMG_20150831_105527353.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice