Super Stadium Gavril D15?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DutchyGamer, Aug 28, 2016.

1. DutchyGamer

DutchyGamer
    Expand Collapse

It would be amazing if any of you could make an mod/config for the Gavril D Series to make it a Super Stadium truck.

If you don't know what a Super Stadium truck is, then here are some pictures:

2. MegaEpicDaniel 2

MegaEpicDaniel 2
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

A Super Stadium Truck would be awesome, but the D15 is just not the same thing. Super Stadium Trucks are similar to monster trucks or "funny car" dragsters in that they are simply a full custom space frame chassis with a fiberglass "truck style" body wrapped over it. The guts inside each vehicle have no resemblance to the guts of the vehicles they are styled to look like.

You can no more go from D15 -> SST than you can go from D15 -> Monster Truck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DutchyGamer

DutchyGamer
    Expand Collapse

Maybe create a new vehicle with a customised JBeam structure based off from the D15?

5. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

That's my point - the jbeam structure represents the physical structure of the vehicle. In the case of "pickup truck" vs "super stadium truck" the physical structures are not similar in any way.

You're looking at the difference between body-on-chassis (ladder chassis) and space frame. The jbeam representing one simply cannot represent the other. Imagine trying to build this from this. It cannot be done and should not be attempted. Like making an apple from an orange.

6. DutchyGamer

DutchyGamer
    Expand Collapse

Seems like the JBeam structure is gonna get really complicated if the space frame and the 'truck shell' are gonna be seperate parts, there's probably gonna be a lot of clipping and buggyness between them

7. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

That's a moot point for the purposes of this discussion. You may be new to the subject (I don't know), but the jbeam really needs to accurately represent the object. Even if you permanently attach the fiberglass to the space frame... it becomes no more similar to a regular pickup. Imagine holding a brand new pickup with a ladder chassis in your hands and bending upwards in the middle. It breaks between the bed and the cab of course. Now imagine holding a Stadium Super Truck in your hands and doing the same thing... you certainly will not get the same result!

8. DutchyGamer

DutchyGamer
    Expand Collapse

(I am new to the whole behaviour of the JBEAM structures)

But yeah, it would probably bend or break into 3 pieces (front, 'cabin' and back), I'm not quite sure how it would respond.
    So right now with the 'information', we can only assume that a "naked" SST can be made. Otherwise as I said earlier, the JBeam is gonna get really complicated and buggy.

9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

(a) I don't think you'd get a lot of breakage between the "front" and "cab" - that's all connected pretty securely in a typical pickup. EDIT: Eh, maybe not so much.

(b) You are still getting the wrong take-away point from this discussion. Naked, skinned, or not... the structure of what you want is not similar to the structure of anything that is currently in game. Constructing a stadium super truck would be a scratch build - it could not be based on the D15.

In any case someone will certainly build one, or at least one of the similar vehicles (desert trucks, CORR trucks, etc) - eventually. A scratch built vehicle is a very large endeavor which is estimated to take a fulltime developer about 2 months IIRC.

#9 torsion, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  10. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I think he meant based on it in the same way that a NASCAR is based on a normal kind of car despite them being some of the most different vehicles possible in all but looks(and even then...). Basically what I think he means is a normal SST that has some styling from the D-series.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DutchyGamer

DutchyGamer
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that's actually what I'd imagine.

12. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I don't think a long discussion about intentions will get us very far. What you asked for in the OP (a mod/config for the D15) did not make sense and I explained (in detail) why not. At the end of the day the D15 will not have anything significant to do with any trophy, corr, or sst vehicle. I'm unsubbing now, but here are some links to help you out.

The best I can tell you right now is to take a look at crimsonskull's progress in this thread: Off Road Race Vehicle: Ensenada Tormenta. You may also wish to take a look at Darren9's Ibishu Pigeon STi-G which has some small similarities to the sort of truck you asked about... but not much, esp since it's 4WD instead of RWD. It does at least have independent front and solid rear while being an offroader.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice