Solved Suspension "issue"

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Blijo, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I am working on the covet V6R4 and because it has a high rideheight and wide trackwidth, the camber changes a lot while articulating.
    I dont want this, how can I fix this?
    screenshot_01102.png screenshot_01103.png screenshot_01104.png

I have tried by creating a new node for the hub to make sure the coilover is vertical but the camber still changes a lot :(
    upload_2017-4-26_13-32-27.png
    this is the current hub

• Like Like x 1
  2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Camber change during suspension compression/extension is controlled by the length of the arm and the amount of travel it has. This can be eliminated on suspension that has an up down movement such as double wishbone (like the Bolide or setups like in the Barstow and D-Series front suspension) or leaf springs. (which most old vehicles use)

In your case, as i imagine you are still using the covets McPherson struts, the only way to stop this camber change is to either lengthen the arms and/or make the arm sit level when the car is stopped, this way the angle from horizontal will change much less through the travel of the suspension.

Hope this helps,
    CreasingCurve

3. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Fixed it by making a double wishbone from scratch :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Crashtest Failed

Crashtest Failed
    Expand Collapse

It works very well, now I dont have to worry when driving 250 kmh + in the Covet/ V6R4

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice