Suspension problems

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by BlueScreen, Jun 26, 2014.

1. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

If there's already a thread like this, please link. I didn't find any.

So, I was editing the Moonhawk to make a race/drag version, and I had a bunch of problems with the suspension.
    The front suspension (below) is fine, but a bit too bouncy. I've lowered BeamPrecompression to 0.9, and stiffened the springs. I also increased dampening. I've tried increasing both of these numbers to ridiculous amounts, with no results. It also seems to have a crap ton of negative camber.
    Code:
    "beams": [
              ["id1:", "id2:"],
              {"beamPrecompression":0.9, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
              //front shocks         
              {"beamPrecompression":0.9, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.0, "beamShortBound":0.25}, 
              {"beamSpring":242000,"beamDeform":68000,"beamStrength":188000},
              {"beamDamp":4300},
              {"beamLimitSpring":241000,"beamLimitDamp":1600},
              ["fh4r","fs1r",{"beamDampRebound":3400}],
              ["fh4l","fs1l",{"beamDampRebound":3400}],
              {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
        ],
    And as for the rear suspension, the ride height and stiffness are fine, but it goes all shaky between 100-180 kph. Again I've tried several combinations but couldn't solve it.
    Springs:
    Code:
              {"beamPrecompression":0.92, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
              //rear springs
              {"beamPrecompression":0.92, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.08, "beamShortBound":0.45}, 
              {"beamSpring":80000,"beamDeform":174000,"beamStrength":251000},
              {"beamDamp":0},
              {"beamLimitSpring":211000,"beamLimitDamp":1200},
              ["axsr","rs1r",{"beamDampRebound":0}],
              ["axsl","rs1l",{"beamDampRebound":0}],
              {"beamPrecompression":0.92, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
        ],
    Shocks:
    Code:
              //rear shocks
              {"beamPrecompression":0.92, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.08, "beamShortBound":0.45}, 
              {"beamSpring":0,"beamDeform":174000,"beamStrength":251000},
              {"beamDamp":2700},
              {"beamLimitSpring":211000,"beamLimitDamp":1200},
              ["axshr","rs1r",{"beamDampRebound":3000}],
              ["axshl","rs1l",{"beamDampRebound":3000}],
        ],
    Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to solve these issues.

Also, could anyone "translate" the spring rates to an actual unit? I just change the numbers but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice