Unsolved T-Series 6x6 drivetrain help?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by powerwindows83, Feb 2, 2020.

1. powerwindows83

powerwindows83
    Expand Collapse

Hello! I've been trying to make a 6x6 version of the T-Series. I've done 4x4 setups on a few other vehicles, but this one is throwing me through a loop. I need some help scanning through my jbeam handiwork to see what's going wrong...

I got it to become 6x6 in it's current state, but it's getting treated as an AWD setup so it dumps most of the power out the front wheels. It also out-drags the 6x4 (stock front axle), so there's some power duplication going on between the front differential and the torsion reactor which it's currently getting power from. Another symptom of the unintended AWD is that if a front wheel comes off, all drive stops.

The issue I'm having with correcting this problem is that the program treats the split at the torsion reactor as an open differential, but the split was defined as a shaft so I couldn't add a lock tag. I tried to define the split as an actual differential (why "driveshaft_F_PW" is a diff symbol in the image) which worked, but I can't get anything to attach to where dummyShaft0 is no matter what I put in the powertrain paths. It should connect with a disconnectable shaft to differential_F, but I couldn't get it to work.

Right now I have this in the zip file:
    upload_2020-2-1_17-48-23.png

If you can figure out how to make the connection happen let me know. I'm learning by trial and error here and I'm in need of someone who's better at this stuff than I am. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

first off, for next time, can you just upload the relevant JBeam parts? it's a pain to navigate through and find where everything is.
    if you're packaging the mod properly, all the files you modify should be going in documents/beamng/mods/unpacked/newfolder/vehicles/semi/newfolder. you shouldn't need to upload the entire semi, nor should you need a copy of the entire semi in the mods folder.

also, looking through, a couple of your parts ( such as your rear driveshaft part) haven't been renamed, meaning they overwrite the standard parts. so rename the jbeam name and the ui name (for example, to driveshaft_R_4wd_PW and "4WD Transfercase" respectively.)

but back on the powertrain issue,
    under the part in the rear driveshaft slot, you need a permanently locked diff, which is fed by the gearbox, and splits to the disconnectable front shaft, and you also include the standard rear driveshaft.
    -for the rear driveshaft, keep it named the same as the vanilla rear driveshaft (that way you don't have to overwrite the rest of the rear driveshafts just to put "driveshaft_F_PW" in them.) and make it feed off the locked centre diff rather than the gearbox.
    -the disconnectable front shaft you have is currently under the front driveshaft part, and is listed as transfercase_F. this should be moved to the transfercase part instead of the driveshaft part, and you should have another normal shaft under the driveshaft part, specifically so the front driveshaft can break.
    and after that, I suggest you also add a torsionreactor in the front diff, so it goes diff>torsionreactor>driveshaft_F, this will give the thing a bit more accurate physics.

So in summary, the front half or the drivetrain goes gearbox>centrediff>disconnectable shaft>driveshaft>torsionreactorF>front diff>wheels, with the colour showing what's in what part.

3. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

didn't @KJP12 already do this?

4. powerwindows83

powerwindows83
    Expand Collapse

It appears they did, and it didn't come up in my searches for T-Series or 6x6. It also appears based on the last replies that it doesn't work anymore, but when I've got more time I'll download it myself and give it a try. Thanks for letting me know!

CaptainZoll so what you're telling me is I need to be more organized basically. :p In my defense I didn't expect this project to get so large and involved, considering how easy 4x4 swaps are.

The reason I dump the whole semi in the mods folder is because that used to be the only way I could get mods to work way back when, and also some vehicles only show up if I put them in the vehicles folder in their entirety instead of in the mods folder. It's been so funky and inconsistent that I've resorted to just dumping everything as a whole where each needs to go to work. I'll keep that in mind though for uploading stuff here. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice