1. Intel iGPU (6xx series) crashes
    Fixed drivers available!
    Instructions here

Dismiss Notice

WIP T-Series Experience

Discussion in 'Configurations' started by NOCARGO, Jul 4, 2020.

1. ThatDutchComrad2

ThatDutchComrad2
    Expand Collapse

Not trying to be annoying, but is there progress? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Not since last posting :) I've been spending my modding time on my other project (https://www.beamng.com/threads/crashhard-classic-straight-eight-engine-addon.74063/) lately. These two projects are in the pipeline for being released around the turn of the year, don't worry. In fact, I'll do both of us a favor and spend some time on it this weekend :p
    --- Post updated ---
    Oops sorry it seems I did actually do something in the meantime. I've been working on the moving gear stick !

Lucky me, another job done that I had forgotten about :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

I require that moving shifter, it looks so cool lol. Great job :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Thanks ! Hey, it's not my first one, I've had some practice :D

5. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Nice, is it a prop or is it full on jbeamed?

6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Oh it's fully jbeamed, the movement is completely adjustable by lua. The stick jbeam itself is really tiny, that makes it more stable, and the mesh just exceeds the jbeam upwards. If you jbeam the full stick height you need more beams to stabilize and most important it will flex weirdly on crashing, which it doesn't do now. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Damn that's impressive. Awesome work :)

8. ThatDutchComrad2

ThatDutchComrad2
    Expand Collapse

Looks great, you are doing great work!

9. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Working on this mod involves a lot of testing. I really regret that the current replay system lacks all the sounds that are essential to this mod and overall is still quite wonky, especially this version of the game. So I have to do my recordings live and switching views draws attention from my driving. I really hope replay gets better soon, even though it's already a pleasure to have. Anyway,

In this vid :

Total weight : 13.760 kgs
    Horsepower : 639 ps (my engine won't be included on initial release but the turbo with blow off valve will)
    Gearbox : 16 gears (in my case fully controlled with buttons on shift knob, range L/H - splitter L/H)
    Jakebrake : controlled with button on shift knob. As explained before, on/off or all the other arguments.
    LTC : The load traction control is activated.
    Blow off valve : the hiss and spin sounds of the current turbo I'm using still need adjustments.

You can follow my gearing in the upper right corner.
    It's a very comfy ride here, given the power/weight ratio in this case :)

Note to self : it just comes to my mind that I will have to make separate key bindings for those who are using ETS or real
    life converted shift knobs. Their switches work different from button controller switches. So don't worry, it's on my todo list.

• Like Like x 4
  10. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, a lot of progress has been made meanwhile, will post soon :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. ThatDutchComrad2

ThatDutchComrad2
    Expand Collapse

Great progress, do you think you will able to active the jake brake in between gear shifts, in order to speed up gear changes? Automated ZF transmission do this automatically i believe. I would like to simulate that.

12. Eman 6945

Eman 6945
    Expand Collapse

cant wait for jakes!

13. itachipirate

itachipirate
    Expand Collapse

Very excited about this! I'm hoping the shifter setup works well with a 6-speed shifter like most people with shifters own. I'm also hoping the transmission will be usable on the Gavril B-series mod, as that developer is bitter to the idea of making a working manual transmission that can access all gears with a H-shifter. The jake brake is something I was always suprirsed BeamNG didn't have built in already

14. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

soon :)

Flawless.. On top of that, the 16 speed gearbox I'm shipping does only use 4 gear shift positions + reverse :)

The B-Series seems to me an awesome mod, I haven't got to checking it out but I will as soon as I've got time. I don't think ItsYourBoi is bitter on providing that feature, it's rather complicated in terms of lua coding. Anyway, I don't expect the B-Series mod to have custom engine and transmission lua, so provided it doesn't that would make it perfectly compatible, this is not a promise though ;)

This is already the case :) I've mentioned that in post #11. :

---------------​

About the latest progress :

I had a strong need to further optimize the dedicated gear indication app that I had made earlier. Not being able to have indication for the range status can make for shifting errors. Those with ETS/real life shift knobs won't have this problem because they have flip switches instead of press buttons. So with flip switches you always know range and split status. This is not the case for press buttons and I wanted to have a clean and clear indication for that.

Furthermore I have cleaned up the way that reverse gearing is displayed. It no longer says "R1/2" and so on but simply displays "R H" or "R L". Speaking of "R H" and "R L", I have also finished up the reverse gearing in terms of realism when it comes to a ZF-ecosplit. The reverse gear has now proper gear split too and when in high range it also really goes 'high range', thus quite fast.

I have also made further refinements regarding my LTC system that prevents unnatural spinning regarding the T-Series. It's not perfect but I can say it almost is, especially for the T65 frame, I'm still working on the T75 frame. The longer frame and twin axle are more of a challenge to get things done. Moreover, the extended T75 frame from AR162B's mod is even more of a challenge. But don't worry, I'm testing at extremes so overall the driving experience and capabilities are very very good. :) The LTC now also acts upon the jake brake since that also influences the traction on the rear wheels.

Speaking of the jake brake, I have been refining its force furthermore. It's still a little strong because it's very pleasant when heavy loaded, but to be honest, I will have to lower it a tiny bit more because it's (still) a tad bit too forceful when the vehicle is unloaded. I also haven't forgot about cruise control. The cruise control kept on going when I activated the jake. So I've integrated those too. Now, the throttle is deactivated when the jake is active without the cruise control being influenced. Thus after jake braking the cruise just picks up again :p

Pay attention to the app on the bottom right of the screen in the vid. Here I'm just testing the T65 frame unloaded and with cargobox, 400hp, gently on the accelerator. At the end of the vid I'm also demonstrating the reverse gearing split and range.

Hope you like,
    :)

Remember, trucking enthusiasts, get buttons ON your gear knobs ! It's not that difficult to acquire, read first post again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ThatDutchComrad2

ThatDutchComrad2
    Expand Collapse

This is all very exciting, we are thankful that you are doing this in your free time.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

this adds some much needed parts to the t series.
    love the jake brake and animated shifter

• Like Like x 1
  17. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, I appreciate that :)

Forgot to mention that I also minimized the gear whine from the transmission. ZF Ecosplits don't whine like that, it's rather the diffs that whine on European trucks (and US too probably).

To come back to compatibility for the B-Series mod : I just tried it out and it's an awesome mod. I didn't realize it is a standalone mod, so to make my mod compatible with it would require a little more work. I really love the B-Series mod so chances are great that after initial release I will make compatibility for it.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice