Talk about The Crew PC Beta / crash help

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Whippy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

there is a print screen key on your keyboard, capture software can often be setup to take and save a screenshot and steam has it on F12.

And it isn't that the graphics are bad, its the fact that they are resolution capped to 1080p and frame rate capped to 30fps. There are many computer displays with much higher resolutions and graphics cards capable of driving 60fps or more at those higher resolutions too.

2. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

You'll need to buy the HD pack DLC.

3. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

You know, I hated Ubisoft before, but this really just proves they're Satan incarnate.

4. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Exactly it's soft locked at 30 fps meaning people that don't know what an ini file is can't go higher but it is hard locked at 60 and seems like it's not just a beta thing but that will be the case for final release.

Really quite sad how AAA just can't wrap their head around anything other than $$$$. Like back in the day they made what seemed like good stuff, maybe it was just child niavity but games like NHL 99, Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow, Smash Bros, 007 Nightfire, etc. all seemed really amazing compared to their modern day counterparts.

Hell I was playing Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98 today and found you can body check the players on your team, something that has been missing from EA's NHL for at least the last console generation and is only coming back in NHL '15. This whole thing just seems to me to prove that games these days are less and less than what they used to be because marketing sells more than it did in the past when games weren't as popular. Back then games depended more on word of mouth than marketing. Now the "general public" (and I hate to use that term because I know not everyone is like that but it fits) will generally buy whatever is eye catching at the time like CoD with it's cinematic trailers or any sports game with the same thing and also the appeal of giving you a chance to "experience" a pro sport. The problem is because of that the games seem to be less than they were before because they are easier to sell even if the content is lacking because of things like pre orders and people buying them before they are even out or they know what they are paying for.

In short AAA games are lackluster because people don't know any better and the devs/pubs think they can exploit that forever, but it also seems like people are starting to catch on and not fall for that crap as much.

5. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

the crew, sadly, isnt what i expected it to be. the handling doesnt fell right and the graphics are nothing special.
    i like the idea of cruising through america in nice cars, but without likeable handling and with graphics from 2011 its just not what it could be.
    My hope is that Forza Horizon 2 is gonna be better than this:D.
    Forzas visuals are nice and the driving,if its like horizon 1 (or even forza 5),is alright too. the only bad thing is the number of dlcs that cost additional money.
    its not a free to play game turn 10, we pay enough for the game ffs.

6. medion

medion
    Expand Collapse

have you all noticed that most american developers makes nearly everything based in america......like (please dont hurt me) call of duty......russians use crown vic police cars now?Oh and have everything in english and have american vehicles?AND its always america the good guy? i just hate the fact that they always do american related stuff....(a few games i love but...we have seen it all why not.....hey maybe an..........ASIAN based racing game? is that too much to ask?).

7. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

i dont know wether turn10 is american or not, but horizon 2 is gonna be set in the france-italy area, wich is kinda nice i think.
    cant think of a asian racing game right now , maybe the game to ff 3, but it wasnt that good. every racing game is either set on racetracks or america, something has to be changed since america is a bore to cruise around. why not germany? great roads that i daily drive on, i think they're worth a game.
    but ey, murrica is the master race and more important than the rest of the world.

8. PladStatic99

PladStatic99
    Expand Collapse

Why I'm buying the crew...http://youtu.be/jZpHQJinyXk

and as for the handling complaints, so many people have raised the issue in the feedback section on the their forums. They have also already responded to other complaints and fixed them in the beta. so I really wouldn't be surprised if they do tweak the handling model before full release.

9. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

T10 is American but due to them not making pc games I stopped playing after forza 4. I had fun with their games I just feel like this one will be more fun and the crew was always not going to live up because of Ubisoft

10. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Don't buy it, unless you want to pay more money for DLCs.

#30 BlueScreen, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  11. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

The graphics are sometimes good, and sometimes horrible. The pre-rendered animations are pitiful, and I can't stand the unresponsive driving. I like the idea though, and love the map. Just wish that for a driving game there would be good car physics. I don't need forza physics, but I mean come one. Driving is absolutely horrific.

12. PladStatic99

PladStatic99
    Expand Collapse

DLC?? Who said anything about DLCs...

13. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

It's Ubisoft. You can expect them to charge you for every single thing in a terrible, but well advertised game. They don't even care about making a good game, all they want is more money.

14. PladStatic99

PladStatic99
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but that's the same with most devs no adays.. Okay tbh, DLC is for the consumers but more for the devs and every mainstream game under the sun will have probably have micro transactions soon. which is terrible but from what seen playing the beta, they care about the game more than the money. You can't say much until you've played it.

15. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Ha ha ha. Nice one.
    Seriously? You expect a massive publisher to actually car about the game they're making?
    Maybe the developer they have a contract with is actually doing a good job, but the game planning that goes by the publisher (lots of it) is gonna be rubbish.
    There will be DLCs, and since the game is online it will have pay-to-win microtransactions. It's a big AAA company, all they want is more money, and more and more and even more money.

Plus from what I've seen of the game driving physics are nowhere near realistic, but instead very arcadey. Just like in every arcade racing game, cars drift a lot, you have glue tyres on the straights, and 800 horsepower hypercars are incredibly easy to control. Certainly not my kind of game. And just because I know it will be full of crap to milk the players for money, I refuse to waste hard drive space on that shit, let alone pay £40 for it.

Then there's the car range. Just the same cliche cars all over again: Camaro/Mustang/Dodge, BMW M3, a bunch of "tuner" Japanese coupes, and every modern supercar they can get a profitable license for. Nothing too appealing, and I'd be surprised to see a single hot hatch make it into that game. And of course, you'll have to pay extra if you want the best cars of each class.

The only good thing about that game is being able to drive through all of the US. However, distances will be massively downscaled (because nobody wants to spend 4 hours in getting from one city to another), and so will be the cities (Because you can barely fit a real-sized city on a map, you can't fit more than 20. They couldn't have made a life-scale map of the UK, let alone the US). This reduces the appeal of the game, massively. And I bet you there will be city DLCs/pay to unlock, as well as cars.

16. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

(imported from here)

17. PladStatic99

PladStatic99
    Expand Collapse

Yea okay FairPlay to you for making a assumption on something you haven't played..but Firstly there is difference between ivory tower (the people that develop the game) and ubisoft. Which is the company that's above them .. Ubisoft are responsible for games and big franchises like assassins creed and far cry. Is it fair to judge a game because it's AAA?? And as for the other problems you talk about..that's why it's called a "beta" which means the game is still in development...

Oh and btw Be surprised- because their is hot hatches

18. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Of course there is a difference. But exactly as you said, Ubisoft is above them and as a publisher they make all the important decisions about where the game should go, mainly the financial decisions. So even if the developer is making a great game, they're still being bossed around by a cash-hungry publisher, such as Ubisoft.
    Yup. Here's why:
    • The publisher wants as much money as they can get.
    • The publisher makes all the big decisions.
    • The publisher takes most of the income.
    • Therefore, the difference between a cheap game and an expensive game is huge to the publisher.
    All of this means the game will be more oriented towards earning the publisher money rather than providing the player with an enjoyable, pay-once experience. What does this mean? DLCs that should be part of the main game, forced micro-transactions (SPECIALLY in an online game), franchise recycling, no free content updates, etc. The last isn't related to The Crew in particular as it's a new game, but Ubisoft is already pushing AC too far if you ask me.
    The arcade handling isn't a problem, it's how the game is made. It's not a generally bad thing, as some people like it, just not my style. Most people who prefer easier, arcadey handling are not big racing game fans, which shows how the game is trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible rather than provide a nicer experience for a narrower audience. That's not bad, of course, but I think quality over anything is the way to go.
    Well, at least it's got that. Some cars that are not in every single racing game ever.
    The customisation looks pretty good too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice