Don't pay attention to it anymore

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by S.Ali.M, Jan 27, 2021.

1. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

#1 S.Ali.M, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  2. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

because they're not set up for it
    this game is still in early access and I honestly think that the developers have much better things to do than make stuff explode for fun

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

Well, yes, they have more important things to do, such as realizing accidents, but tankers catch fire is a very simple thing and they can in 10 minutes add that to game and after at least 5 years since the game was released, these bugs are unbearable.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

No it's not 10 minutes, the way normal fuel tanks catch fire is having high ignition values for certain nodes on the outside, and the tanker has mesh breaking which means that if you hit it only the part that disappears would be on fire, there would just be fire floating in the air, and also how do you think they would implement different ignition values for different liquids inside the tanker, they would have to make global adjustments for them and that would break the ignition values for the wheels, there is no way around that at the moment, this is not 10 minutes of work but YEARS of implementing a whole new ignition system. You clearly know nothing about this game so stop this nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

very true.
    Someone could use your value edit mod and make the tanker prone to catching fire. that would be a good config for your next update;)

6. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Does it have the license plate slot? If yes then it's possible but not sure if it does

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

#8 S.Ali.M, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

Well, first of all, they can make the tanker flammable like a normal car, then after a few years, they can implement this real ignition that you mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

https://www.beamng.com/resources/12813/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

I said a few minutes ago:
    I saw that. That tanker explodes, but I want a tanker to catch fire and after few minutes will be explode

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Then people would complain about it being really unrealistic because it would look wrong. Idk why it's not possible to use the Ignite button on it but there must be a reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

You can't use the ignite button because it has literally nothing you can ignite.
    I guess they didn't bother adding the load nodes as flammable, but as of right now the trailer has nothing you can ignite.

14. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

Not catching fire is more unreal than unrealistic fire!

15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I would argue with that, empty tankers don't catch fire, you can always pretend it's empty. Or that it just has water inside or something.
    --- Post updated ---
    I tried to make a mod to make the tanker flammable. That's WAY more complex than it seems. The vehicle fuel tanks only catch on fire when a certain beam breaks, it's impossible to implement in the tanker because it's too large, instead of like 20 beams it has THOUSANDS of them. You would have to assign a separate name and "container ID" to each one of them separately (doing that for all of them at once doesn't work) depending on what nodes they are connected to, then assign these IDs to each one of the hundreds of nodes... That would really be months of long boring work and it would not be worth it at all. The best I can do with my mod is making a tanker that INSTANTLY catches on fire when you spawn it which would be extremely impractical and I don't see any point in it. I'd rather wait until liquid physics is implemented and the fuel in the tanker becomes real flammable liquid.

16. roadkiller245

roadkiller245
    Expand Collapse

yeah i get those problem too

17. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

If you want that much realism, go outside, steal a tanker and make a car accident with it IRL
    1510496444_714755.jpg

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

RealNG.Drive

Seriously though the only way I see this working is if they made it behave like the tanker, but if it was like that, I don't think you'd get the big action movie fireball that you seem to want.

19. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

I wish liquid physics would be implemented as soon as possible.
    It is necessary not only for setting fire to tankers but also for seawater because seawater is ridiculously spray around.
    In addition, I don't have to pretend the tankers are empty, because when I look inside the tankers, they're really empty!
    (The last sentence was a joke, do not take it seriously)

#19 S.Ali.M, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  20. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

That would be literally impossible in beamng's game engine

Also the tankers might look empty but they're actually jbeamed to behave like full tankers with liquid moving around inside the tanker

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice