1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Terrain Chunks Unloading?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kimmykix, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

I haven't been able to finish or release 2 of my maps because of this strange bug that has been plaguing them. I'm not sure if this is a Torque3D bug or if its specific to this game, but I cannot find any solution to it. Basically, at random places in my terrains, the terrain "chunks" (Or are they called tiles?) will unload and disappear as you get close to the ground. Everything on top of them will remain though, like grass layers, roads, foliage, and objects. Here's a GIF I made that shows the bug perfectly. Take note, not every part of the terrain does this, only certain areas randomly...for instance in the GIF, this is happening where I recently made an island. Also note that this map is at the max resolution of 4096. the other map that has this bug however is 2048.

P2YHfKx.gif

2. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

I usually get this when I make lots of terrain edits, but saving and reloading the game fixes it for me..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice