Terrain.party does not want me to make a heightmap of anywhere in the world

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by justaguy, Sep 15, 2021.

1. justaguy

justaguy
    Expand Collapse

(This is my first post and i don't know if im in the right topic)

So i play beamng.drive for four days as im writing this explored most of the maps already and i wanted to make a custom private map of my town to simply enjoy. I searched up on the internet how to get heightmaps and stumbled upon a post that said that there is a website called terrain.party. after i write it in my browser I get a selection box and i move that to my town and download an 8km x 8km area of my tiny town and 2 extra towns.
    I opened it with WIN-RAR and the only thing I get is a TXT,I open the TXT and it says that if don't get a heightmap it might be an error or that the area is not heightmapped. i reopen the website and take the deafult siza and the deafult city (Tampere,Finland) and the same thing happens... i go to LA cut myself a nice piece out... aaaaand you guessed it,it didn't work. I don't know why it didn't work, im going to paste the LA heightmap link here to see yourself: http://terrain.party/api/export?name=landia&box=-118.062347,34.048939,-118.355078,33.806395
    Im confused about it and don't know what i should do.

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Yeha, terrain.party was fiddly for me even few months ago, so I would recommend using other sites like WorldViewR

3. rmfurm

rmfurm
    Expand Collapse

Terrain.party has been shut down unfortunately :(, i use this website, and it works pretty well. Unfortunately, size cannot be changed, and the exported data is at 1081 x 1081 (The size Cities:Skylines uses for its heightmaps). Use paint.net or GIMP as free ways to resize easy. WorldViewR looks much better tho, thanks for sharing with us :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. justaguy

justaguy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks I got the heightmap of my town,now the only problem is that I don't know how to import heightmaps

5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

upload_2021-9-17_23-5-21.png

6. justaguy

justaguy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the help... but it didn't work. I followed the simple steps and pressed Import then tried with pressing enter and it didn't do anything. Am I supposed to put the .PNG somewhere into the files?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice