Unsolved Texture and JBEAM Structure Help Needed

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Cable_jr, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Cable_jr

Cable_jr
    Expand Collapse

I am currently making a mod based off the Bluebuck, I have made the roof taller and lengthened the whole vehicle, among other changes.

notably, I'm using the 2-door JBEAM structure and vanilla models for the front doors of the vehicle and the JBEAM structure of the 4-door model for my custom body (resulting in the front doors not fitting correctly in-game). The rear doors are using the vanilla JBEAM structure from the rear doors of the 4-door model of the car. Effectively I need to redo the entire rear structure of the car to fit the more wagon body-style.

This is the vehicle, in a very rough state, but in the game. notice the front doors budging where they meet the rear door, as well as whenever I recover the vehicle, you can notice that the JBEAM does not match.

Now, how do I actually modify JBEAM structure, I've looked in the files and tried to figure it out, but I can't find any positional values for any of the structure. How do I go about either modifying or creating a new JBEAM?

I also need some help modifying the textures so that they appear correctly, I mostly want the same textures as the stock car (chrome around the edges of the roof, fully colourable, interior having a stock floor textures, etc) and then giving some custom pieces textures (interior pieces, custom floor piece that can be removed, custom wall interior pieces and a custom roof). I have no knowledge on adding materials/textures to models so that they appear in-game, but I mildly understand face orientation and I know that the topography benefits from quads, not trigs, though that's the extent of my knowledge. I need help setting the models up for textures/materials, applying the textures/materials and then importing everything to work in-game.

Below I will share most (if not all) of the pictures I have of the project.

- First time the body got put in-game:
    0006e3.png

- The model in the Blender program. Some parts are kind of difficult to tell from others, but the majority of parts are there and modeled.
    0006f.png 0006g.png 0006h.png 0006i.png 0006j.png 0006k.png 0006l.png 0006m.png 0006n.png 0006o.png 0006p.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice