Unsolved Texture issue

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by kekos, Jul 19, 2019.

1. kekos

kekos
    Expand Collapse

I make small convert to beamng, and can't assign few textures with materials.cs even f11 shape editor. What i do wrong?

*also tried with colorMap[0] = "name"; and with path

Also i wanted to add invisible mesh to prevent vehicle from stuck in some objects, as example this wood fence

Is it possible to make this grey mesh invisible and save it collision?

2. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-7-19_9-2-8.png
    Replace diffuseMap[0] with this path, minus the leading slash, and also add the texture extension.
    Code:
    diffuseMap[0] = "levels/sekia_hills/art/ground/confir.dds"

Yes, see this video by Nadeox1 describing how to add collision

• Like Like x 1
  3. kekos

kekos
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, this path works, just had to change file format from .dds to .png .
    And with mesh, my mistake , i meant something like invisible texture for this but i think to stay it like that. Thanks for help!

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

A couple more points on this

- DDS should be used instead of PNG. PNG takes up more GPU memory and ends up being slower in the end. DDS is uploaded to the GPU compressed, and decompressed on the fly by the GPU.

- With the linked tutorial, it tells you how to make that mesh invisible, collision only. That way the original fence wouldn't have collision.

#4 Dummiesman, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  5. kekos

kekos
    Expand Collapse

I would like to use .dds, but every time i open material editor and try to change no material with right texture.dds it doesn't work. Material editor can use .dds only when i choose same texture in .png and then changing on it in .dds and save, works
    just before the restart game.

Also finally make mesh i need invisible, play with color and transparency. (did not notice since i am blind)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice